加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 考博报班 每日签到

主题 : 十天提高词汇量到10000(3)
级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2009-07-30   

十天提高词汇量到10000(3)

A less scrupulous /conscientious man wouldn’t give the money back to its owner. ;\EiM;Q]  
The nurse treated the wounded soldiers with the most scrupulous care. j4?@(u9;j  
One hundred dollars a month will suffice for the old lady’s need. +!QJTn"3  
He really likes antique art much more than modern art. ^TMJ8` e  
In coherent /consistent writing, every sentences connected in thought to the previous sentence. uwRr LF  
After dinner my father often dozes in his chair for a while. 91Uj}n%  
The actress’s beauty and fascinated everyone in the room : ^ 8  
Some people like to innovate the old systems and traditions, others like to preserve them. *~m+Nc`D,N  
The magician’s tricks mystified the audience in the theater. 8G5Da|\  
Leap year recurs every four years, and in that year February have 29 days. But according Chinese U4 13?Pe  
Traditional Calendar, Every 19-years have seven-leap month. Unfortunately, Mr.Baker has born in !61Pl/uQ  
February 30. When he twenty-third, just celebrate ninety my day. WL`9~S  
The sky was clear, and moonlight was shimmering on the lake. \~LQ%OM  
The general explained the military technicalities of the matter to the newspaper reporters. P&Pj>!T5  
A baby cries and gurgles but does not use articulate speech (or speak distinctly).  ;raN  
The speaker was careful to articulate his words so that everyone in the hall could understand him. spasB=E  
The soldiers were confronted by two terrorists as they left their camp. )'*5R<#  
While she was waiting for her boy friend in the tearoom, a sweet melody filled her with ecstasy. L`th7d"  
The mother tried to foster her son’s interest in music by taking him to concerts frequently. ,g L9?Wz  
The hall is not dim; the four large lamps irradiate it. WK ="J6K5  
The obstinate man would go his own way, in spite of all warning. + >cBVx6  
Some people eat foods that are repugnant to theirs }(egMx;"3J  
After his soporific speech for an hour, the speaker received no applause from the audience. ""s]zNF}  
The conquest of outer space is one of the greatest triumphs of modern science.  JHf  
Lesson 5 ='TE,et@d  
He admonished his friend not to be late for his work. u_7~TE3W  
He seems to be doing nothing, but really he’s just biding his time. fX jG5Tv  
A man who cheats on his income tax and on his expense account tends to condone these H3Se={5h\A  
practices in his friends. xQw7 :18wQ  
I designate you to act for me while I am away. u*qV[y5Bl  
Most animals let their young fend for themselves at an early age. 191&_*Xb  
Only hardy plants will survive the severe cold in the Arctic area. E*?<KZe"  
Baseball players do exercises at the beginning of the season in order to limber themselves up. w`l{LHrR  
You must pay in humility / condescension / modesty of spirit for every benefit received at the p$ bnK]  
hands of philanthropy /charity. ",{ibh)g$`  
Can you recollect the name of the author of [Ivanhoe]? #z1H8CFL"  
He was smitten/affected with the view that he stopped and took out his camera. P;pl, ~  
According to the testimony of the medical profession, the health of the nation is improving. m^x6>9,  
He liked the bitter taste of the ale; beer is his favorite drink. ?8W( "W   
批注: 正直的;谨慎的 wO2_DyMm@  
批注: 王熙凤? ZylJp8U  
批注: Shapping; limber w,Ee>cV]a  
up;relax; )]#aauC+  
elastic;pliable;spread s&GJW@ |  
Blend the butter and the sugar before adding other ingredient / factor / elements of the cake. C{2xHd/*  
Especially large, sharp canine characterizes the carnivorous animals. N25V ]  
The common English sparrow is a denizen of America; it was first brought from Europe to #[#KL/i)$  
America about 1850. y*MF&mQ[  
She was in a frenzy of grief when she heard that her child was missing. gNGr!3*)w  
The player’s injury incapacitated him for participating in the football match. C ;(t/zh  
The hunters came from the East to massacre the buffaloes of the plains, killing several million in "`asF g  
a short time. W5#611  
When I asked his advice he ponder / meditated the matter and then told me not to go. L ],f3<  
To the riddle “What walks on four legs in the mooring, two legs at noon, and three legs in the w\}?(uO  
evening?” the answer is ”man.” Ngg?@pG0y  
The father spanked the naughty child for his bad manners. `yF`x8  
He tried to appease the crying child by giving him candy.  JMdPwI  
The war was a terrible catastrophe in which many people died and many buildings were 5{$LsL  
destroyed. GA`PY-Vs)  
He felt completely daunted by the difficulties that faced him. Su 5>$  
The crowd gaped/ stared/ gawked at the daring tricks performed by the tightrope walker. fh^lO ^  
He will be in the hospital for the duration of the school year. +/D>|loRC  
We implored him to act before it was too late. {,OS-g  
She muffled her throat in a warm scarf not to catch a cold. k=GG> ]<i  
On April Fool’s day people often play pranks on each other. =+w*gDr  
Soapy took the umbrella and sauntered off with it slowly. NzKUtwnIz  
There was a trickle of blood from the wound on his face. +y 87~]]  
She was astounded / amazed by the news that she had won the speech contest. fIGFHZy,  
The people living in that valley are all members of one clan. g/CxXSv@0  
Newspaper accounts of political and international affairs are often distorted. m0{!hF[^  
While travelling, they entrusted their children to the care of a baby sitter. Z!0]/mCE8  
Sometimes the gets hungry and eats like a glutton. +h_ !0dG  
Unless a check is signed it is invalid. 8P: Rg%0)  
He became invalid as the result of ill health and lack of exercise. }3R13   
His words were polite but there was an overtone / implication of anger in his voice. 1c+]gIe  
They probed his past career to judge his qualifications. wW?,;B'74  
There are many sacred / holy shrines in the Near East. Q!,<@b)  
The statute increased the taxes we must pay. >u%]6_[  
The wounded soldier writhed uncomfortably in pain. G;3~2^lB\  
Watching the first man land on the moon, we beheld a sight never seen before by man.  ; v  
They should change this bad habit and condescend/deign to be pleased what is pleasing. :R):b  
More than 5,000 years ago the Chinese were controlling the Yellow River floods with dikes. 6mH/ m&  
The farmers dug a deep dike to carry water to the rice field. 7k Ky\W  
He flipped a coin on the counter to decide whether to go to the theater or not. 4lKVY<  
My uncle who had traveled to many countries in the world told a grisly story about people who ^[Cv26  
ate human flesh. e4OeoQ@ >  
批注: 搅和, 融合, 混合 @5) 8L/[l  
批注: 伤势 k#bu#YZk  
批注: destroy >s3gqSDR  
毁灭 G1 o70  
destiny g fU-"VpHE  
命运 p#f+P?  
批注: poke around = stroll = iA_8(Yo  
saunter j\RpO'+}  
批注: probe 探求; investigate ,D6v4<jh  
调查;magnetic needle \bCX=E-  
The knave/ rogues who set fire to the barn have been caught and sent to prison. :"0J=>PH:  
The general held a parley with the enemy’s leader about exchanging prisoners. Q '(ihUq*k  
There is not a shred/fragment of evidence that missing money was stolen. *s}|Hy  
The judge surmised/guessed his guilt; there was no proof that he killed the man. 'cDx{?  
The future is so uncertain that we cannot know all the vicissitudes/varieties of our fortunes. nRhrWS  
The fire warden told us not to light matches near the gas station. G)>W'yxQ  
Lesson 6 u!N{y,7W)  
Most people abhor the criminal of kidnapping the children. O gmO&c E  
If you boost me up, I can reach the window easily. (kTXP_  
His friend’s willingness to help him was a big boost to the morale. 1-I Swd'u  
The jail is used for detention of persons who have been arrested. O\;=V`z-  
He gave such explicit directions that everyone understood them. (B>Zaro#  
Wise teachers avoid invidious rules against the students. ~c{:DM  
You malign a generous person when you call him a stingy person. SN+ S6  
In places where the water is not potable, they set up purifying systems. FqA3  {  
I never went to school, and I’ve rued it bitterly all my life. _baYn`tFw-  
People in the far north subsist chiefly on fish and meat. Ccfwax+  
She was such an unruly child that nobody could get along with her. ")s!L"x  
The boy had an agile mind, and could come up with excuses as quickly as his mother asked for F>|9 52  
them. e{G_GycH  
His lack of money was the result of caprice in spending on unnecessary things. #`tD1T{;  
She is disconsolate about the death of her father. oL/o*^  
It is a popular fallacy to suppose that riches always bring happiness. Q F-)^`N  
She gave ingenuous answers to the strangers’ entire question. VmQh$&h  
I saw a mirage that made highway ahead seem tube flooded with water. X=qS"O 1  
The heavy thunderstorm precluded our going to the beach. urY `^lX~  
Sheer white curtains hung at the little window to let in as much light as possible. &yH#s 8^8  
From the top of the wall there was a sheer drop of 100 feet to the water below. #G _/.h@  
His letter was succinct, with all the major points on one page. D#sf i,O  
There is not much arable land on the side of a rocky mountain. V*B0lI7`B  
The winner’s complacent smile annoyed the loser in the football game. s*,cF6  
The wolves dismembered the deer’s dead body with their sharp teeth. AvRcS]@=  
After the war, the defeated country was dismembered and could no longer be called a nation. 3_qdJ<,  
She danced with glee when she saw the new toys, which her father bought for her birthday 993d/z|DX  
present. {V2bU}5 [  
He gave us implicit consent to take the apples, for he smiled when he saw us do it. :B#EqeI  
Someone is spreading mischievous stories about minister’s private life. Md(JIlh3  
In the sentence “She lives alone by herself” the word “alone” is redundant. K_-MkY?+  
The solicitude shown to him by his neighbors after the robbery impressed him very deeply. lC9S\s  
批注: 消防官 :k!j"@r  
The bank keeps a large surplus of money in reserve. hjY0w  
The doctor gave him some medicine to abate the pain. A|vP$zy  
His ambition was consummated when he won the prize. ;e;\q;GP  
Our savings have dwindled since my wife was sent to hospital. >iy^$bqF  
It is haphazard timetable, sometimes lessons are held and sometimes they aren’t. QaMDGD  
It is obvious that a blind man ought not to drive an automobile. HCc`  
I know only his overt reasons for refusing; he may have others. 8$ DwpJ  
We tried to be friendly, but his rebuff made us think the wanted to be left alone. jK t-~:  
He was sad, and his thought about future was very somber. qc0 B<,x7  
The boy’s lack of money thwarted his plans for college. S[U/qO)m  
I have a vehement hatred of people who are cruel to animals '0Zm#g  
The benign old lady sent us a kind and warm smile. :HZ;Po   
The sergeant was degraded to private for the reason of disobeying order. nYov>x]  
My other writings are very ephemeral, but this book will be remembered forever. vv h.@f  
People who have never gone to school are usually illiterate. 2Guvze_bU  
The old man tottered across the room and sat down on the sofa. uu3M{*}  
Not every rich man is lavish in spending money. A9 n41,h  
It is a mistake to lavish kindness ungrateful people. 4$i}Xk#3  
He is the one who is peddling the drugs unlawfully. 6^ik|k|  
She reproved the maid in an angry voice for breaking the dish. K`gc 4:A  
Many kinds of fabrics, furs and drugs are synthetic products. L1MrrC  
His unbounded courage and compassion made him an excellent leader of the nation. "UpOY  
He was wretched when he failed the entrance examination again. b]K>vhQV  
Lesson 7 thV Tdz  
She continued to work in a blithe spirit in spite of all difficulties. 86{ZFtv  
She was feeling dejected and unhappy until the good news cheered her up. ' fl(N2t  
He is an erratic fellow whose actions are usually completely unpredictable. _Y7:!-n}   
When he was a child, his life contained noble ambitions and immaculate thought. 82 .HH5Z{  
The little girl loathed leaving her mother for studying abroad. )]}$   
The woman in this painting has a pensive smile. . =R=cA7  
I was restarted from keeping an appointment by a business conference that lasted most of the day. f\=6I3z  
She was proud of her stalwart good-looking grandson. z"3H{ A  
During his illness he shunned all society, and in particular those who had been his dearest. +W d L  
They quarreled with such a loud noise that their voices were audible to the neighbor. fr]Hc+7  
The new boy had an auspicious first day in the elementary school. 'v+96b/;  
She was filled with elation at the new that she won the first prize in her class. EGEMZCdk2  
The haughty man thinks highly of himself while holding others in contempt. ;3 dM@>5[  
The officer’s violation of a regulation is more of jeopardy than the enlisted man’s offense. K]MzP|T,  
It is mandatory to pay a debt within a certain period of time. E]?2!)mgce  
The teacher rebuked the student for throwing the examination paper on the floor. d>~`j8,B  
Not many people came to see the game; the sparse crowd was scattered thinly through the stadium g!\QIv1D  
A miser gives undue importance to making and saving money. !&6-(q9  
The doctor’s friendly manner helped the patient allay his fear. T5V$wmB\W  
Gluttony and drunkenness have been called carnal vices. ]ci RiMkT(  
A family name becomes defunct when the only heir dies without any son. .[ s82c]]6  
Of the many plans submitted the committee selected the plan that seemed most feasible. % E_{L  
The boy showed ingenuity in making toys out of scraps of discarded wood. bncFrzp#o  
My joke caused a great deal of mirth among the little children. rmJ847%y`  
Soldiers on the battlefield lead a precarious life. '" yl>"  
Some people believe that fate has preordained whether they will be happy or unhappy. ~[6|VpGc:  
At the council broad he was taciturn and never opened his lips. #E)]7!_XG  
His eldest brother died after the venomous bite from the rattlesnake. 9hpM*wt  
The doctor said there was nothing amiss with her. ZM!~M>B9R  
This anthology comprises samples from the work of ten authors. -2d&Aq4m)  
Families that quarrel in the privacy of the home do well do dissemble when they to out to dinner. VHNiTp  
A glib door to door salesman sold her a set of books that she did not want. z|H>jit+  
Before World War II, the French thought their Magnet Line as an invincible bulwark against NDG Bv b  
German invasion. _"`h~jB  
The lazy little boy gave his face perfunctory washing. . %7A7a  
The Disneyland tour was replete with unexpected thrills and suspense. +06j+I  
We respectfully solicit your continuous friendship and patronage. X:/t>0e  
The nation will soon be liberated from the foulest thralldom. q>X 2=&1  
Give the flowers some water regularly, or they will wilt. E 3 .s8}}  
That abominable place was so dirty and evil smelling that he turned away in disgust. e vuP4-[y  
Brainy students could understand easily what the teacher explained to them. ="K>yUfcFl  
As the mooring progressed, the weather deteriorated more and more. l0)uu4|  
In German he was an exquisite stylist, and he brought to that language a new sensitivity in the art IrC=9%pd$R  
of story telling. X.<R['U&\  
Cancer is no longer an incurable disease nowadays, it can be remedied by using radioactivity. v^'~-^s  
Manual workers often earn more than office workers do. ;wrgpP3  
This workbook has a teacher’s manual in which examination problems and their answers are <^{:K`  
included. C"<@EMU9  
He is a potential leader to control this large state. 4uA^/]ygo  
They are such ruthless parents that they never give presents to the children on Christmas Day. ow "Xv  
Her explanations for failure to do the work were voluble but not easily believed. Y2EN!{YU  
Theatre lobbies were filled with a vociferous crowd during the intermission. M='Kjc>e  
Lesson 8 lH.2H  
The weather in early December was bleak and unpleasant. P_U-R%f  
The electric inspector was castigated for having failed to check the wire as he was supposed to. TZg7BLfy  
We should overcome the worst that the tyrant’s enmity can do. ): 6d_g{2  
In any case, parents should be impartial to their every child. )VC) }  
The teacher asked me to give a lucid explanation of my being late for class. (6nw8vQ  
The old man is confused most of the time but he does have lucid moments. 6tg uy  
A square has four 90-degree angles made by its four perpendicular. x#D=?/~/Kv  
In retrospect, many good opportunities were neglected in my lire. /&yT2p  
The politician showed a good sagacity avoiding the mistakes he’d made in the previous campaign. 5mU_S\)4:z  
Urbane speech is educated speech, as distinguished from the speech of the ignorant. 9&cZIP   
After Redding about the lives of several great Americans, John became an ardent student of kns]P<g  
American history. / Ny&;Y  
I can’t bear his derogatory remarks about my brother’s character. \~PFD%]:3  
I won’t tell you what time to leave; you’re old enough to use your own discretion. `Nj|}^A  
The house of the meetings will be fixed at the chairman’s discretion. JN_# [S$  
The party got quite hilarious after they brought more wine. ~6tY\6$9f  
It is a paramount responsibility of every officer to take care of his men before caring for himself. zlfm})+G  
Houses and trees seem to recede as we ride past in a train. W= !f  
The whole city was rife with rumors of political corruption and bribery. *M:Bhw  
Both sides burst into spontaneous cheers at the magician’s skillful tricks. -MjRFa  
The air ten miles above the earth is very tenuous. \IKr+wlN8  
A baseball player usually reaches the acme of his skill before he is thirty. cu-WY8n  
He spared no one’s feelings and expressed his views with great candor. r`2& o  
The father finally dissuaded his son from leaving school. ,P}c92;  
Her advice was quite gratuitous, I can think for myself. C7{wI` ~  
The house of representatives has the sole power to impeach an officer of the United States P]n ' q  
Government. C1=[\c~jw  
Her ostensible purpose was to borrow some sugar, but she really wanted to see her neighbor’s new &kG<LGXP#  
furniture.  X_lNnk  
The poor painter sold his paintings for a paltry sum of money. t.cplJF&Ue  
The poor family lived in a sordid log cabin in the valley. Ev%\YI!MaY  
She makes it a rule to keep her room neat and tidy after coming back from school. 157X0&EX  
One tall boy stood aloof from all the small children. J ?&9ofj&  
Regular meals and exercise are of cardinal importance to our health. b|NEU-oy  
There are many drab houses in the Smokey mining town. {'1,JwSmb  
The life of a person who never does anything is dull and drab. >9 iv>  
The two families had been at feud with each other for three generations. LE;c+(CAU  
His insolent speech and behavior upset everyone in the room. y.zW>Mfl  
The judge said that nothing could mitigate the cruelty with which the man had treated the child. 6[cMPp x  
A summary of the events leading up to this situation would be pertinent information. 6vDgM fw  
His predecessor quit because he was not in the least interested in this kind of job. `6zoZM7?Y  
Let me apologize for my being tardy in answering your letter. FEkx&9]  
You’d think she would never climb again, after falling down the mountain, but it just whetted her t?\o sPL  
appetite. u% FA.  
The man accused of stealing the money was acquitted for lack of witnesses. x-[l`k.V  
Be careful not to break the box of glass, that thin glass is hard but brittle. j'Fni4;  
The ugly frame detracts from the beauty of the famous picture. Q]8r72uSk  
To extirpate weeds is not only to destroy their visible parts but also to pull them out by the roots. mwt3EV5  
The indulent mother bought her children everything they wanted. =_5-z| <  
The indulgent teacher praised every poem we wrote. ="V6z$N  
The mendacious beggar told a different tale of woe at every house. RW'QU`N[Y  
For my own sake, I’ve told a plausible lie at the club meeting, but the members did not believe me =vR>KE  
at all. +7=3[K  
We have the sanction of the recreation department to play ball in this park. \n}cx~j  
Youngsters usually rush into marriage with only the shallow notions of what love and +S$x}b'5q  
responsibility mean. y@F{pr+dA  
We parked the car on the grass verge at the side of the highway. \Q]7Hw<  
Lesson 9 p & A3l  
No one in the adjacent apartments was awakened by their quarreling sounds. 0L'h5i>H)  
The spring floods were a great calamity to the farmers whose crops and houses were ruined. OmsNo0OA  
The floods and storms, which have no precedent in the recorded history, devastated the country. uKK+V6}!kj  
The exultant players were dancing on the ground over their team’s victory. LVX.stN#p  
The wealth of our country seems inexhaustible to many people abroad. /)j:Y:5  
We saw a maudlin movie about an orphan who lost his parents in the war. <%! EI@N  
The enemies plundered all the valuable things they could find in the village. flRok?iF  
A scrupulous man never fails to give back the borrowed money to its owner. |(]XZ!{  
From sundry hints, I guessed I was to be given a bicycle for my birthday present. H?PaN)_6-+  
The children made zealous efforts to clean up the house for the Christmas party. 3qP! (*  
We wonder if human beings are primarily altruistic or selfish. ZjWI~"]  
The public clamor for lower taxes continued year after year. H8X{!/,^  
The old manuscripts had been disintegrated into a pile of fragments and dust. *~cq (PFQ  
Although Napoleon was Corsican, he is considered by most modern Frenchmen to have been o^mW`g8[  
French as their own forebears. T)MKhK9\Ab  
The boy who found it on the street returned the money intact. D/v?nW  
We did not molest the big dog because we were afraid of him. V3 2F  
The mourner’s profuse tears at the burial were heartbreaking. W2'u]1bs  
He was slack in fulfilling his promises and responsibilities. S3$&}I <  
Tart apples taste sharp and are pleasantly acid in their taste. fC&hi6  
This plan looks all right in principle, but in practice it wouldn’t be viable. + JsMYv  
The carpenters made the roof aslant to allow water to run down. \<TWy&2&  
They conceded that victory was no longer attainable and agreed to a negotiated surrender. y2KR^/LN|Y  
She could not allow the stranger to enter her house, for she distrusted him. OQ&l/|{O0?  
The table is very groggy. I think the leg is going to fall off. ''tCtG" Xi  
The intrepid fireman saved persons trapped in a burning building disregarding of his own safety.  HQX.oW  
We found it hard to like the boy because of his overbearing manners. K|]/BjB /  
Only a rash person would have rushed into the burning house to save some clothes. ;?4EVZ#o  
Though polio has been practically wiped out, there have been sporadic cases of the disease. %g:6QS|  
Fumes from automobiles and factory chimneys are toxic. f3^Anaa]l  
The driver averted an accident by a quick turn of the steering wheel. ]lqLC  
Mother deduced from my loss of appetites what had happened to the cookies. fN&@y$  
Our ship embarked passengers and wool at an Australian port. F JCs$0  
After leaving college, the young man embarked on a new business career. H%pD9'q~  
The boy humiliated his parents by behaving badly in front of the guests. TXdo,DPv7  
A gregarious man, be enjoyed the companionship of a large number of jovial friends. x n?$@  
Baseball has been called American’s national pastime through four seasons. Y \Gx|  
The prince renounced his right to the throne. y*=sboX  
My grandmother likes to read a newspaper in a snug corner near the fireplace. AO, o|,#4F  
She doesn’t need to borrow a book because she’s got umpteen books waiting to be read at home. jh(T?t$&  
The boy blurred the picture by touching it before the paint was dry. 0nbY~j$A=  
The slums were demolished before the town was extended. .J <t]  
Education makes people easy to govern but impossible to enslave. 0 30LT$&!  
Many a man is impeded in his career by a lack of belief in himself. Jr5dw=B gw  
The mother lulled the baby to sleep by singing a song. ncqAof(/  
In the court the plaintiff asserted that the thief had stolen two hundred dollars from his store. t W+"/<U  
He was strong and healthy but he’s never been robust since his illness. ":0u%E?s  
We had a strenuous day moving into our new house. EHN( K-  
Pollution from smoke and dust vitiates the air. Qk? WX (`B  
All his attempts to improve were vitiated by his lack of will power. E;}&2 a  
Lesson 13 63'm @oZ  
Our nation abounds in opportunities for well-educated young men and women. C~egF=w  
He behaved in such arrogant manners in his firm that he was at last fired. "AU.Eh"-1  
It takes a long time as well as many experts working together to compile an encyclopedia. D=Q.Q  
The murderer entreated the judge to show mercy, but was sentenced to death. A 0v=7 ]  
The alley was filled with lots of garbage and other filth. $C.a@gm  
It is incumbent on you to give a father’s advice before your son leaves home. 9}%$j  
At sea, everything that breaks the monotony of the surrounding expanse attracts attention. tL3R<'  
I hope I can reciprocate your hospitality some time. }4p)UX>aWT  
The shaggy dog always sleeps in the bed with her. ,A'| Z  
Hunger, cold, and sickness were among the tribulations of pioneer life. <pfl>Uf  
He read many books in the adolescent stage of his life. h;,1BpbM  
One who is 15 years old is not an adult, but an adolescent. 6#7hMQ0&;O  
Adolph Hitler commanded autocratic power; no one could rigorously oppose his plans or [3"F$?e5  
decisions. >MJ#|vO  
All the furniture of the room was very congenial to my taste. $m;`O_-T  
The room was encumbered with heavy furniture. 9 wZ?")2  
Every night the little girl was horrified by the tiger’s cry. S=ZZ[E_~S  
It is now manifest that, if you don’t return the book to the library right now, you will have to pay a dzEi^* (8  
late fine.  q[ _qZ  
Good health is not always obtained by good nutrition. kV+^1@"  
They could repress the uprising with the help of the army. D#UuI Z  
They were accused of smuggling diamonds from foreign countries. 9Q=VRH:  
There has been a tangible improvement in his schoolwork. kh9'W<tE  
The teacher drew an analogy between the human heart and a pump. ]R_R`X?  
The ship was tossed by the ocean billows in the storm. .ojEKu+EJ'  
The bomb was detonated from several miles away; it caused no damage to our town. 9T;4aP>6j#  
The fly became entangled in the spider’s web. K_;vqi^1^&  
During long severe winters some animals, such as badgers, ground squirrels, and some insects, !{g<RS( c  
hibernate. }9+;-*m/  
By experience with all kinds of people the doctor has developed great powers of intuition. S[1<Qrv]  
Many rivers in Taiwan are polluted with filthy waste from factories. :D*U4< /u  
She reveres her grandfather; he is strict in decision, but shows great affection to her. QQBh)5F  
The hermit led a solitary life in the deep mountains far away from the town. bZNqv-5 4h  
They owed their lives to the valor of the firemen. cc|W1,q  
The brave knight defeated each antagonist who came against him. "iA0hA  
As the doctor was fully cognizant of the patient’s serious condition, he acted swiftly to relieve it. |tGUx*NN  
His doleful expression showed that he had failed in the examination. ~Jk& !IE2  
The facility of communication is far greater now than it was a hundred years ago. m<h%BDSzr{  
A free bus to the airport is a facility offered only by this hotel. !?nbB2,  
He improvised a new stanza form the school song at the football game. %rylmioW>  
The old lady was very inquisitive about what her neighbors were doing. $D1ha CL  
The policeman stopped the man when he saw a gun protruding from his pocket. 3PE.7-HF  
He used to say that argument adds a savor to conversation. S MWXP  
Much of the city was subverted by the earthquake and a great fire. vkIIuNdDlx  
Lesson 14 --WQr]U/  
He is addicted to alcohol and drugs. 2aj1IBnz6/  
Doctors and policemen disagree on how to control drug distribution and handle addicts. hq 3n&/  
He is assiduous at his studies; he works hard and steadily, and pays continual attention to his X:oOp=y]|  
teacher. &BRk<iwV  
The two men conspired to steal the jewels and then sell them to a jeweler in another country. $fmTa02q>  
He is such an elusive person; you never know where he is when you want him. fB8, )&  
A cheap, gaudy steamboat arrived at the wharf from St.louis. 3YHEH\60^  
He ignited the match by scratching it on the desk. Dh8ECy5k<*  
The trade union is negotiating with the employers to get a better contract. =Kd'(ct  
Respiration is difficult at great heights and some mountaineers wear oxygen masks to overcome 'z ?Hv  
such difficulty. Az&>.*  
The speaker made a few funny jokes to add spice to his speech. GC')50T J  
The committee accepted the proposal with unanimous approval. *?FVLE  
The pore of the allies’ aggregated together was great, though individually some were quite weak. Fi/iA%,  
His various wages for the year aggregated $22,000. WC#6(H5t$  
Their conversation was banal full of uninteresting remarks, such as “nice weather” and “slow vGkem J^/  
traffic today.” V$?6%\M^*  
Taking a rest in the mountains is ferried curative for breathing difficulties. d4| )=  
The robbers enforced obedience to their demand by threat of violence. x3q^}sj%  
No one in the village likes the man because he is a shameless hypocrite. Gy q 6?  
It is illegal to intercept a letter or parcel before it is delivered. ^Hx}.?1  
Their enemies persecuted some early religious leaders. (!* l+}  
“Don’t hurry!” Said her father in sarcasm as she slowly dressed. "t0^4=c+7  
We have enough food for the picnic; any more food would be superfluous. 8,U ~ p<Gz  
The report of the committee of inquiry completely vindicates him and declares his action to have 2FMmANH0ev  
been right and proper. ~<[+!&<U  
A smile animated her face as she went to the gate to meet her husband. 0Y8gUpe3P6  
Many scientists now believe that there are some worlds in outer space having animate beings. 3Bl|~K;-  
Chivalry includes bravery, loyalty, honor, courtesy, respect for woman, protection of the weak, and 90vWqL!  
generosity. " .7@  
A doctor cannot treat an illness until he had made a diagnosis. =t, oj6P~  
The teacher exemplified the use of the word for the students. [U& k"s?  
When a war impends, wise men try to prevent it in advance. "S;4hO  
The speaker had a really noble voice, which he could modulate with great skill. !]F`qS>  
The teacher’s prophecy that the boy would become a great national leader was later fulfilled. Qw0k-t0=4  
After hard work we could feel the sensuous delight of a hot booth. fEBi'Ad  
A minister of foreign affairs who lacks tact is a dangerous man. JN 8Rh  
The vindictive little girl tore up her sister’s papers. 5iw\F!op:  
If you hand in your report late, append a note explaining the reason for the delay. sP Nm.W$_  
The Plains Indian has a plentiful and regular supply of meat and skins by the communal buffalo Bl+\|[yd  
hunting. sVh)Ofn  
After learning ecology I could see the relation of living things to their environment and to each bc(MN8b]j  
other. g:!U,<C^a  
He’s deserved to be punished several times, but I’ve forborne from dong so. ;mpYcpI  
It was a matter of indifference to him whether his hands were clean or dirty. \|>% /P  
He was a mediocre student; his academic records were not excellent, but not bad, either. KpGx<+0p  
He rehearsed the story of all his sufferings in prison. |sGJum&=  
We rehearsed our parts for the school plays. ,1I-%6L  
It is unwise to make yourself so singular in your clothes. QvbH " 7  
My mood is only transient; it will go away pretty soon. g[~{iu_$d  
Lesson 15
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊