加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 考博报班 每日签到

主题 : 2012空军工程大学考博英语试题1
级别: VIP博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2015-01-29   
来源于 考博试题 分类

2012空军工程大学考博英语试题1

.Complete each of the following sentences with the best answer. (0.5’*40) !v^D}P 3Y  
1. Until he took off his glasses __________. blph&[`}I  
A. I didn’t recognize him B. I hadn’t recognized him bT}P":*y  
C. didn’t I recognize him D. hadn’t I recognized him 4)+MvKxjS  
2. We can __________ that after some time our farmers will be able to __________ international competition. oC>e'_6_b  
A. expect; fit themselves B. presume; adjust to $6h:j#{JE  
C. assume; adapt to D. suppose; get used to vmL% %7  
3. A good reader can tell the difference between words that sound __________, and know ____________ to use them. !7@IWz(, "  
A. like; why and how B. alike; why and where O^|dc =  
C. like how and where D. alike; when and how =v=a:e  
4. 90 percent of all English writing ____________ 1,000 basic words. B#AAG*Ai8  
A. is consisted B. consist of R_\{a*lV0  
C. consists of D. consisted zx'G0Z9]  
5. ____________ to develop his talent, Adam could become an excellent artist. cjsQm6  
A. Allowed B. Allowing s;X"E =  
C. Being allowed D. Have been allowed H1 rge<  
6. Don’t ever drive past a hitchhiker, ____________? \v{tK;  
A. will you B. don’t you u_s  
C. do you D. can you Rv ?G o2  
7. As a senior professor she should have known better ____________ to get involved in such a scandal. X0J@c "%0  
A. and not B. but not 6Lz{/l8  
C. than D. than not 7(^<Z5@  
8. His power was seriously ____________ by a succession of crises, and when he died, a bitter power struggle ____________. 1.!rq,+>1  
A. weakened; was ensued B. eroded; ensued BbUZ,X*Y  
C. damaged; followed D. reduced; occurred &K2[>5 mG  
9. Leonardo da Vinci ____________ caged birds in order to have the pleasure of setting them free. RS!~5nk5  
A. was said to buy B. is said to buy HS.3PE0^C  
C. has said to buy D. is said to have bought e4u$+  
10. In China, customers pay far less for a DVD than ____________ countries. YUJlQ2e(  
A. those in many B. in many 1u7 5  
C. those in many other D. in many other ViQxO UE  
11. ____________dull he may be, he is certainly a very successful top executive. kc^ Q ?-?  
A. Although B. whatever  xekW-=#a7-  
C. As D. However  FYR%>Em  
12. The party, ____________I was the guest of honour, was extremely enjoyable. , fFB.q"  
A. by which B. for which  YW9 [^  
C. to which D. at which  ~?m';  
13. If only I ____________ play the guitar as well as you! Brr{iBz*"  
A. would B. could  1s8v E f  
C. should D. might +'Pl?QyH  
14. It’s high time we ____________ cutting down the rainforests. |`_qmk[:R  
A. stopped B. had to stop q]YPDdR#  
C. shall stop D. stop !}|n3wQ  
15. The student said there were a few points in the essay he ____________ impossible to comprehend. )Q9m,/F  
A. has found B. was finding :&}(?=<R}L  
C. had found D. would find =($RT  
16. Loudspeakers were fixed in the hall so that everyone____________ an opportunity to hear the speech. SkBa- *MC  
A. ought to have B. must have uFOxb}a9v  
C. may have D. should have j9u/R01d  
17. I am surprised____________ this city is a dull place to live in. )(~4fA5j)  
A. that you should think  B. by what you are thinking W!8g.r4u+,  
C. that you would think D. with what you were thinking eU 'DQp*  
18. Susan is very hardworking, but her pay is not____________ for her work. 0b+OB pqN  
A. enough good B. good enough Pf;'eOdp  
C. as good enough D. good as enough EGL1[7It`  
19. It is imperative that the government ____________ more investment into the shipbuilding industry. ~Z!!wDHS  
A. attracts B. shall attract +gqtW8 6  
C. attract D. has to T#xC u|5  
20. Land belongs to the city; there is ____________ thing as private ownership of land. JUXIE y^  
A. no such a B. not such g^@ Kx5O\  
C. not such a D. no such h\".Ty Sz  
21. My daughter has walked eight miles today. We never guessed that she could walk____________far. ['ol]ZJ  
A. /  B. such uSCF;y=1g,  
C. that  D. as #Ki(9oWd  
22. The statistics ____________ that living standards in the area have improved drastically in recent times. l{F^"_U  
A. proves   B. is proving  *t J+!1  
C. are proving D. prove  _Qg^>}]A1  
23. There are only ten apples left in the baskets, ____________ the spoilt ones. 0&T0Ls# 4  
A. not counting B. not to count yPrp:%PS  
C. don’t count D. having not counted B2t.;uz(,  
24. It was ____________we had hoped $~vy,^  
A. more a success than B. a success more than e\x=4i  
C. as much of a success as D. a success as much as j_S///  
25. There used to be a petrol station near the park, ____________? 7sKN`  
A. didn’t it B. doesn’t there q(<#7 spz  
C. usedn’t it? D. didn’t there yL/EIN  
26. It is an offence to show ____________ against people of different races. WGjT06a\  
A. distinction B. difference #R$d6N[H  
C.separation D. discrimination Gc2sY 0  
27. A great amount of work has gone into ____________ the Cathedral to its previous splendour. }rf_:  
A. refreshing B. restoring %}jwuNGA  
C. renovating D. renewing N"M K 0k  
28. The thieves fled with the local police close on their ____________. $G/h-6+8  
A. backs B. necks jqxeON  
C. toes D. heels }&#R-eQ T  
29. The economic recession has meant that job____________ is a rare thing. OJ8ac6cJ  
A. security B. safety #- $?2?2  
C. protection D. secureness 2?YN8 n9n  
30. Many people nowadays save money to ____________ for their old age. Awl4*J~  
A. cater B. supply a@`15O:  
C. provide D. equip fkE4 [X7f  
31. The tone of the article ____________ the writer’s mood at the time. 58\rl G  
A. reproduced B. reflected z`UL)W  
C. imagined D. imitated -=BQVJ_dK{  
32. The job of a student accommodation officer____________ a great many visits to landladies. "?EoYF_  
A. concerns B. offers ?B ; +,  
C. asks D. involves ,jJ&x7ra8  
33. Our family doctor’s clinic ____________at the junction of two busy roads. e! V`cg0  
A. rests B. stands E!<w t  
C. stays D. seats W LGk  
34. She was so fat that she could only just ____________ through the door. @wO"?w(  
A. assemble B. appear ol]"r5#Q_H  
C. squeeze D. gather 8 CKN^8E  
35. After the heavy rain, a builder was called to repair the roof, which was ____________. !G E-5\*  
A. leaking B. trickling U-/-aNJ]U  
C. prominent D. noticeable \.h!'nfF  
36. The reception was attended by ____________ members of the local community. #xL^ S9P  
A. excellent B. conspicuous E>|[@Z  
C. prominent D. noticeable pvCn+y/U;  
37. Share prices on the Stock Exchange plunged sharply in the morning but ____________slightly in the afternoon. F FHk0!3  
A. regained B. recovered oE:9}]N_  
C. restored D. revived p6~\U5rXm  
38. His ____________ brain has worked away on the idea of a universal cure. W,&z:z>  
A. rich B. quick H9'Y` -r  
C. productive D. fertile uNnx i  
39. The couple has donated a not____________ amount of money to the foundation. R T/T+Q!  
A. inconsiderable B. inconsiderate j8/rd  
C. inaccurate D. incomparable SF$'$6x}  
40. I hear that it is estimated that the number of people ____________ less than one dollar a day has ____________ one billion worldwide. ["l1\YCi  
A. relying on; gone up to B. living on; exceeded ]pUf[^4  
C. depending on; reached over D. living with; surpassed bvdAOvxChW  
.b'o}DLa  
.Proofreading and error correction (1’*10) {m1=#*  
The following passage contains TEN errors. Each indicated line contains a maximum of ONE error. You should proofread the passage and correct it in the following way: 1=LI))nV  
For a wrong word, underline it and write the correct one in the blank provided at the end of the line. G#{ Xd6L  
For a missing word, mark the position of the missing word with a “︿” sign and write the missing word in the blank provided at the end of the line. (`S32,=TS  
For an unnecessary word, cross out the unnecessary word with a slash “/” and put the word in the blank provided at the end of the line. U~{fbS3,  
[table=426.1pt][tr][td=1,1,463]Many artist today are in what is called applied art. They use JP$@*F@t  
[/td][td=1,1,104] 8GpPyG ],e  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]their ability in advertise, interior decoration, or some similar job. j ys1Ki  
[/td][td=1,1,104]41. ________ 5I#L |+  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]But people in business which hire the artists for that kind of wok CX](^yU_  
[/td][td=1,1,104]42. ________ lwS6"2q  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]say that simple artist ability is not enough. There are lots of young #H]cb#  
[/td][td=1,1,104]43. ________ CXC,@T  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]people who have that. But not enough of them who know anything 5Ym/'eT  
[/td][td=1,1,104]44. ________ $dr=M (&  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]about physics, or mechanical things, or math. th &?  
[/td][td=1,1,104] `[T|Ck5  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]To be a druggist you have to study chemistry. You can’t learn ! Jh/M^  
[/td][td=1,1,104] qJq49}2  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]chemistry without knowing something about algebra. {(mT,}`4  
[/td][td=1,1,104] sW/^82(dM  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]How about a nurse? One of the requiring subjects in a course of DPENYr  
[/td][td=1,1,104]45. ________ XXbA n-J  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]nursing is known to “materia medica”. In “materia medica” you’ll :',.I   
[/td][td=1,1,104]46. ________ SM> V o+  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]learn how to figure out doses and prepare for medicines. Algebra is &Nf10%J'<  
[/td][td=1,1,104]47. ________ t*<@>]k  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]important in doing the figuring. Too many student nurses flunk out J%|!KQl  
[/td][td=1,1,104] eKd F-;  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]of the course because of their weak math. , sEu[m  
[/td][td=1,1,104] X+l &MD  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]It’s the same for many trades. If you want to be a crafts-man, xyGk\= S  
[/td][td=1,1,104]48. ________ ?L=@Zs  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]a machinist, a molder, and a patternmaker, you’ll need algebra and F:"CaDk  
[/td][td=1,1,104]49. ________ 0IHcyb  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]geometry and even trigonometry. p|mt2oDjw  
[/td][td=1,1,104] ,xA`Fu9^  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]Even you want to go into business for yourself, you’ll need gg ;&a(  
[/td][td=1,1,104]50. _______ dZnAdlJ  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]math. Business today, whether it is running a little gas station or a A%H"a+  
[/td][td=1,1,104]  $$E!u}  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]big factory, takes good management. Good management takes mathematics. aAY=0rCI-  
[/td][td=1,1,104] S{cy|QD  
[/td][/tr][/table] vby[# S|  
Xo[={2_  
RhVQVjc  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水