加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 考博报班 每日签到

主题 : 2012空军工程大学考博英语试题1
级别: VIP博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2015-01-29   
来源于 考博试题 分类

2012空军工程大学考博英语试题1

.Complete each of the following sentences with the best answer. (0.5’*40) {_N(S]Z  
1. Until he took off his glasses __________. l8Iy 03H  
A. I didn’t recognize him B. I hadn’t recognized him 0lq4   
C. didn’t I recognize him D. hadn’t I recognized him ?BZ`mrH^  
2. We can __________ that after some time our farmers will be able to __________ international competition. gK_[3FiKt  
A. expect; fit themselves B. presume; adjust to iK0J{'  
C. assume; adapt to D. suppose; get used to  0 9'o  
3. A good reader can tell the difference between words that sound __________, and know ____________ to use them. bH]!~[  
A. like; why and how B. alike; why and where &y wY?ox  
C. like how and where D. alike; when and how 1ORi ]`  
4. 90 percent of all English writing ____________ 1,000 basic words. n& &U9sf?  
A. is consisted B. consist of Yzx0[_'u  
C. consists of D. consisted m&c(N  
5. ____________ to develop his talent, Adam could become an excellent artist. $ aBSr1  
A. Allowed B. Allowing #mxfU>vQ:  
C. Being allowed D. Have been allowed dp W%LXM_  
6. Don’t ever drive past a hitchhiker, ____________? ITPp T  
A. will you B. don’t you 7}85o J  
C. do you D. can you euC,]n.  
7. As a senior professor she should have known better ____________ to get involved in such a scandal. UwT$IKR  
A. and not B. but not PX/0  jv  
C. than D. than not Tz~ ftf  
8. His power was seriously ____________ by a succession of crises, and when he died, a bitter power struggle ____________. !Hj)S](F  
A. weakened; was ensued B. eroded; ensued 6;V 1PK>9  
C. damaged; followed D. reduced; occurred eZ$1|Sj]j  
9. Leonardo da Vinci ____________ caged birds in order to have the pleasure of setting them free. eR;0pWVl  
A. was said to buy B. is said to buy f_Bf}2Eedj  
C. has said to buy D. is said to have bought GQWTQIl]  
10. In China, customers pay far less for a DVD than ____________ countries. izo $0  
A. those in many B. in many z5w|+9U  
C. those in many other D. in many other Rj= Om  
11. ____________dull he may be, he is certainly a very successful top executive. H.K`#W&  
A. Although B. whatever  RjHpC7b*%  
C. As D. However  pSUp"wch  
12. The party, ____________I was the guest of honour, was extremely enjoyable. l]&)an  
A. by which B. for which  I%xJ)fIK  
C. to which D. at which  k JFHUR  
13. If only I ____________ play the guitar as well as you! 4N: ;Mo&B  
A. would B. could  5)6%D  
C. should D. might F tjm@:X  
14. It’s high time we ____________ cutting down the rainforests. #IDCCD^1=  
A. stopped B. had to stop H:6$) #  
C. shall stop D. stop d5hE!=  
15. The student said there were a few points in the essay he ____________ impossible to comprehend. ="K>yUfcFl  
A. has found B. was finding (7,Awf5D~  
C. had found D. would find ~G:7*:[b  
16. Loudspeakers were fixed in the hall so that everyone____________ an opportunity to hear the speech. Y1IlH8+0  
A. ought to have B. must have y jzNU5F  
C. may have D. should have -}o;Y)  
17. I am surprised____________ this city is a dull place to live in. pM3BBF%  
A. that you should think  B. by what you are thinking 4uA^/]ygo  
C. that you would think D. with what you were thinking B?Skw{&  
18. Susan is very hardworking, but her pay is not____________ for her work. >Z% `&D~u  
A. enough good B. good enough ,vPF=wq  
C. as good enough D. good as enough (P-<9y@  
19. It is imperative that the government ____________ more investment into the shipbuilding industry. /+msrrpD  
A. attracts B. shall attract 5@ug1F&   
C. attract D. has to C+5nft6:  
20. Land belongs to the city; there is ____________ thing as private ownership of land. >^&+,*tsS4  
A. no such a B. not such "Cb<~Dy  
C. not such a D. no such m@ YL Z  
21. My daughter has walked eight miles today. We never guessed that she could walk____________far. ,e2va7}3  
A. /  B. such g:U ul4  
C. that  D. as 9&cZIP   
22. The statistics ____________ that living standards in the area have improved drastically in recent times. kns]P<g  
A. proves   B. is proving  >q`X%&l_  
C. are proving D. prove  tANG ]  
23. There are only ten apples left in the baskets, ____________ the spoilt ones. il~,y8WTU{  
A. not counting B. not to count k&b>-QP6  
C. don’t count D. having not counted uZ+<  
24. It was ____________we had hoped Ee O{G*pq  
A. more a success than B. a success more than D_Y;N3E/rS  
C. as much of a success as D. a success as much as ` ;;!>rm  
25. There used to be a petrol station near the park, ____________? i(WWF#N 5  
A. didn’t it B. doesn’t there cc[w%jlA#  
C. usedn’t it? D. didn’t there S4w/ kml3  
26. It is an offence to show ____________ against people of different races. Qxwe,:  
A. distinction B. difference a|.u;  
C.separation D. discrimination e\<I:7%Rg  
27. A great amount of work has gone into ____________ the Cathedral to its previous splendour. V;"'!dVX  
A. refreshing B. restoring c\Dv3bF  
C. renovating D. renewing t`  Sh!e  
28. The thieves fled with the local police close on their ____________. ,O}zgf*H;  
A. backs B. necks 157X0&EX  
C. toes D. heels Z]tz<YSkG  
29. The economic recession has meant that job____________ is a rare thing. {T.VB~C  
A. security B. safety <6@Db$-  
C. protection D. secureness "P6MLf1  
30. Many people nowadays save money to ____________ for their old age. f =Nm2(e  
A. cater B. supply /vu7;xVG  
C. provide D. equip `6zoZM7?Y  
31. The tone of the article ____________ the writer’s mood at the time. FQ5# v{  
A. reproduced B. reflected q bo`E!K  
C. imagined D. imitated TtzB[F  
32. The job of a student accommodation officer____________ a great many visits to landladies. 9I,Trk@&  
A. concerns B. offers /O9z-!Jz  
C. asks D. involves b{A#P?  
33. Our family doctor’s clinic ____________at the junction of two busy roads. u7S7lR"lxW  
A. rests B. stands Af;$ }P  
C. stays D. seats ^Kn}{m/3Y  
34. She was so fat that she could only just ____________ through the door. j:0z/gHp$  
A. assemble B. appear =vR>KE  
C. squeeze D. gather J( 0c#}d  
35. After the heavy rain, a builder was called to repair the roof, which was ____________. \n}cx~j  
A. leaking B. trickling 7z}NI,R}1  
C. prominent D. noticeable #<{sP 0v*  
36. The reception was attended by ____________ members of the local community. *cf#:5Nl  
A. excellent B. conspicuous L9T|*?||  
C. prominent D. noticeable [l0>pHl@  
37. Share prices on the Stock Exchange plunged sharply in the morning but ____________slightly in the afternoon. ,a} +Jj{  
A. regained B. recovered ct`89~"  
C. restored D. revived YM-,L-HMA  
38. His ____________ brain has worked away on the idea of a universal cure. gF&1e5`i  
A. rich B. quick 7"1M3P5*8  
C. productive D. fertile XLB7 E  
39. The couple has donated a not____________ amount of money to the foundation. H?PaN)_6-+  
A. inconsiderable B. inconsiderate 3{CXIS  
C. inaccurate D. incomparable svN& ~@ l  
40. I hear that it is estimated that the number of people ____________ less than one dollar a day has ____________ one billion worldwide. t\ ym4`"  
A. relying on; gone up to B. living on; exceeded QN":Qk(,q  
C. depending on; reached over D. living with; surpassed MGK%F#PM  
29:] cL(5  
.Proofreading and error correction (1’*10) nw f(`=TC  
The following passage contains TEN errors. Each indicated line contains a maximum of ONE error. You should proofread the passage and correct it in the following way: ;tlvf?0!  
For a wrong word, underline it and write the correct one in the blank provided at the end of the line. 6YNd;,it>p  
For a missing word, mark the position of the missing word with a “︿” sign and write the missing word in the blank provided at the end of the line. eot%T h?[  
For an unnecessary word, cross out the unnecessary word with a slash “/” and put the word in the blank provided at the end of the line. :wtK'ld  
[table=426.1pt][tr][td=1,1,463]Many artist today are in what is called applied art. They use ';Y0qitGB  
[/td][td=1,1,104] !Wgi[VB  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]their ability in advertise, interior decoration, or some similar job. Ejmpg_kux  
[/td][td=1,1,104]41. ________ 1N,</<"  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]But people in business which hire the artists for that kind of wok wt]onve}%  
[/td][td=1,1,104]42. ________ n86LU Sj5  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]say that simple artist ability is not enough. There are lots of young *lc|iq\  
[/td][td=1,1,104]43. ________ DZ"'GQSg  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]people who have that. But not enough of them who know anything yw\Q>~$n[=  
[/td][td=1,1,104]44. ________ uVN2}3!)Y  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]about physics, or mechanical things, or math.  4 Fl>XM  
[/td][td=1,1,104] }p5_JXBV  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]To be a druggist you have to study chemistry. You can’t learn zcGmru|k  
[/td][td=1,1,104] zncKd{Q\tP  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]chemistry without knowing something about algebra. 8 kvF~d ;  
[/td][td=1,1,104] \(_(pcl  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]How about a nurse? One of the requiring subjects in a course of Z-:T')#Cf  
[/td][td=1,1,104]45. ________ "zj[v1K9-A  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]nursing is known to “materia medica”. In “materia medica” you’ll #zRHYZc'T|  
[/td][td=1,1,104]46. ________ KT[ZOtu  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]learn how to figure out doses and prepare for medicines. Algebra is DQ<4`wEM  
[/td][td=1,1,104]47. ________ ox*1F+Xri  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]important in doing the figuring. Too many student nurses flunk out ^hNl6)hR  
[/td][td=1,1,104] 1_WP\@ O  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]of the course because of their weak math. _iu~vU)r  
[/td][td=1,1,104] CFC15/yU  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]It’s the same for many trades. If you want to be a crafts-man, bgLa`8  
[/td][td=1,1,104]48. ________ 4M#i_.`z  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]a machinist, a molder, and a patternmaker, you’ll need algebra and !0dQfj^_  
[/td][td=1,1,104]49. ________ EHN( K-  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]geometry and even trigonometry. oqAO@<dL!  
[/td][td=1,1,104] yIhPB8QL  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]Even you want to go into business for yourself, you’ll need fV@ [S  
[/td][td=1,1,104]50. _______ `JO>g=,4  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]math. Business today, whether it is running a little gas station or a O}>@G  
[/td][td=1,1,104] elAWQEu s  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]big factory, takes good management. Good management takes mathematics. a*-9n-U@[k  
[/td][td=1,1,104] f"RC(("6W  
[/td][/tr][/table] d(|q&b:  
ynv{ rMl  
").gPmC  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水