主题 : 北京大学2004年博士研究生入学考试试题
级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2009-02-13   

北京大学2004年博士研究生入学考试试题

北京大学2004年博士研究生入学考试试题 '&3Sl?E  
Part One       Listening Comprehension (略) Uz H)fB  
Part Two Structure and Written Expression d?&?$qf[  
Directions: In each question decide which of the four choices given will most suitably complete the sentence if inserted at the place marked. Put the letter of your choice on the ANSWER SHEET. (20%) ^#S  
41. The beauty of the reflected images in the limpid pool was the poignant beauty of things that are__________, existing only until the sunset. A A<9 XC  
A. equitable             B. ephemeral           C. euphonious           D. evasive *Yvfp{B  
42. Brooding and hopelessness are the__________of Indians in the prairie reservations most of the time. 5<a)SP 0  
A. occupations             B. promises       C. frustrations       D. transactions )u ]<8  
43. What__________about that article in the newspaper was that its writer showed an attitude cool enough, professional enough and, therefore, cruel enough when facing that disaster-stricken family. 6yTL7@V|B  
A. worked me out   B. knocked me out       C. brought me up     D. put me forward R8\y|p#c  
44. __________considered the human body aesthetically satisfactory. PKfxL}:"8  
A. Neither prehistoric cave man nor late-industrial urban man T[<llh'+  
B. Nor prehistoric cave man or late-industrial urban man r em&F'x0V  
C. No prehistoric cave man nor late-industrial urban man kzns:-a  
D. Neither prehistoric cave man or late-industrial urban man UY{ Uo@k9x  
45. Not until the 1980's__________in Beijing start to find ways to preserve historic buildings from destruction. Fm,A<+l@u  
A. some concerned citizens J}`K&DtM9  
B. some concerning citizens =t&B8+6  
C. did some concerning citizens DD|%F  
D. did some concerned citizens u;& `_=p  
46. The buttocks are__________most other parts in the body. O`t ]#  
A. likely less to cause fatal damage than XOgX0cRC4  
B. likely less causing fatal damage to )R9>;CuC9?  
C. less likely to cause fatal damage than AWQwpaj-  
D. less likey to cause fatal damage to %r6~5_A  
47. The concept of internet,__________has intrigued scientists since the mid-20th century. Ax0u \(p<^  
A. the transmission of images, sounds and messages over distances ?*, N ?s(U  
B. transmitting of images, sounds and messages along distances YV{^S6M  
C. to transmit images, sounds and messages on distance pwd7I  
D. the transmissibility of images, sounds and messages for distances !pw%l4]/t  
48. Because of difficulties in getting a visa, the students had to__________the idea of applying for study in the United States.A. reduce       B. yield           C. relinquish     D. waver ;5"r)F+P  
*[W!ng  
                          '$1-A%e$1  
.b  N0!  
$CL=M  
49. His request for a day off__________by the manager of the company. lJKhP  
A. was turned off     B. was turned down   C. was put down   D. was put away y"$|?187x  
50. The index of industrial production__________last year. RXl52#:  
A. raised up by 4 per cent                 B. rose up with 4 per cent ^"6xE nA]  
C.arose up with 4 per cent                 D. went up by 4 per cent jW2z3.w  
51. Please__________if you ever come to Sydney. "M_X9n_  
A. look at me           B. look me up           C. look me out               D. look to me {U^mL6=&v  
52. British hopes of a gold medal in the Olympic Games suffered__________yesterday, when Hunter failed to qualify during the preliminary heats. vj?9X5A_  
A. a sharp set-back                   B. severe set-back <T  
C. a severe blown-up                     D. sharp blown-up <&l3bL  
53. By the end of the year 2004, he__________in the army for 40 years. Zn #ri 8S  
A. will have served                   B. will serve I9SO}a2p  
C. will be serving                     D. will be served uZmfvMr3  
54. __________there was an epidemic approaching, Mr. Smith__________the invitation to visit that area. Xb$)}n\9  
A. If he knew, would have declined  `9S<E  
B. If he had known, would decline Qf>dfJ^q  
C. Had he known, would decline &z1r$X.AW  
D. Had he known, would have declined BR5$;-7W  
55. In the dark they could not see anything clear, but could__________. Qkr'C n  
A. hear somebody mourn             B. hear somebody mourning Z?"Pkc.Ei  
C. hear somebody mourned           D. hear somebody had been mourning r ^*,eF  
56. The team leader of mountain climbers marked out__________. ^!pag t^  
A. that seemed to be the best route       B. what seemed to be the best route : ]CZS  
C. which seemed to be the best route         D. something that to be the best route /Pg66H#RUf  
57. The scheme was so impracticable that I refused even__________. C@]Z&H;  
A. to consider supporting it           B. considering to support it AU-/-h=Mr  
C. to considering to support it         D. considering supporting it + ` Em&  
58. Among the first to come and live in North America__________, who later prospered mainly in New England. rf)\: 75  
A. had been Dutch settlers           B. Dutch settlers were there r<&d1fM;X  
C. were Dutch settlers               D. Dutch settlers had been there Gt6$@ji4u  
59. The cargo box has a label__________on it. Please handle it with care. oxcAKo  
A. “flexible”             B. “break”             C. “fragile”             D. “stiff” s`H}NjWx  
60. __________we wish him prosperous, we have objections to his ways of obtaining wealth. og2]B\mN4  
A. Much as       B. As much       C. More as       D. As well as ,a5I:V^\  
Part Three     Reading Comprehension *]x]U >EF  
Ⅰ.   Directions: Each of the passages is followed by some questions. For each question four answers are given. Read the passages carefully and choose the best answer to each question. Put your answer on the ANSWER SHEET. (10%) Z[0xqGYLB  
p@r~L(>+3  
Passage One J tYnBg?[E  
What Makes a “Millennial Mind”? EkOBI[`  
Since 1000 AD, around 30 billion people have been born on our planet. The vast majority have come and gone unknown to all but their friends and family. A few have left some trace on history: a discovery made, perhaps, or a record broken. Of those, fewer still are remembered long after their death. Yet of all the people who have lived their lives during the last 1, 000 years, just 38 have achieved the status of “Millennial Minds” -that's barely one in a billion. Those whose lives Focus has chronicled have thus become members of possibly the most exclusive list of all time. And choosing who should be included was not easy. r%_)7Wk*  
From the beginning, the single most important criterion was that the “Millennial Minds” are those who did more than merely achieve greatness in their own time, or in one field. Thus mere winners of Nobel Prizes had no automatic right to inclusion, nor artists who gained fame in their own era, but whose reputation has faded with changing fashion. The achievements of the genuine “Millennial Mind” affect our lives even now, often in ways so fundamental that it is hard to imagine what the world was like before. s\>$ K%!H?  
Not even transcendent genius was enough to guarantee a place in the Focus list. To rate as a “Millennial Mind”, the life and achievements also had to cast light on the complex nature of creativity: its origins, nature, and its personal cost. c1MALgK~}\  
61. The first paragraph tells us that__________. }ZvL% 4jT  
A. Focus had a list of “Millennial Minds” worked out in secret @Cw<wrem  
B. Focus had compiled a biographical book of the lives of “Millennial Minds” bX5>qqB]  
C. Focus 's list of the “Millennial Minds” consists of a strictly selected few tM{t'WU  
D. Focus tried hard to exclude most of the famous lives from the list of the “Millennial Minds” |3"'>* J  
62. According to the second paragraph, which of the following statements is TRUE? ]_F%{8|  
A. Nobel Prize winners are not qualified for the “Millennial Minds”. P" 3{s+ r  
B. A “Millennial Mind” needs only to have a great influence on the lives of the people of his time. Ds0^/bYp&  
C. Only those whose achievements still greatly affect our lives today can be included in the list of the “Millennial Minds”. pjHUlQ   
D. The “Millennial Minds” are those who have changed human lives so much that people of later generations can not remember what things were likein the past. aSKI %<?xN  
63. In the first sentence of the third paragraph, “transcendent genius” means__________. =3/||b4c  
A. people who are exceptionally superior and great in talent )ZNH/9e/  
B. people whose achievements are not forgotten by later generations \t^q@}~0Wz  
C. people whose genius has been passed down to the present time t[iE >  
D. people who have guaranteed themselves a place in the Focus list 8BLtTpu  
64. In the third paragraph, the phrase “cast light on” can be replaced by__________. *>S\i7RET  
A. shine over       B. light up         C. shed light on         D. brighten up
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2009-02-13   
谢谢lz