加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 考博报班 每日签到

主题 : 2009年考博英语词汇复习测试题
级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2009-02-27   

2009年考博英语词汇复习测试题

1. In that country, guests tend to feel they are not highly if the invitation to a dinner party is extended only three or four days before the party date. r{Qs 9  
(A) admired D7gX,e  
(B)regarded dw{#||  
(C) expected wB1-|= K1  
(D) worshipped $v?! 6:  
2. A of the long report by the budget committee was submitted to the mayor for approval. zd6Qw-D7x  
(A) shorthand 8JjU 9#  
(B)scheme _.Z&<.lJ  
(C) schedule (> +k3  
(D) sketch (DEL xE  
3. A man has to make ______for his old age by putting aside enough money to live on when old . a@S4IoBg%  
(A) supply m_r@t*  
(B) assurance Je4 .9?Ch  
(C) provision vP87{J*DE1  
(D) adjustment +,{Wcb  
4.The newly-built Science Building seems _______enough to last a hundred years. OH!$5FEc  
(A) spacious =?`y(k4a  
(B) sophisticated 0Z1H6qn  
(C) substantial #0YzPMV  
(D) steady |/T<]+X;  
5.It is well-known that the retired workers in our country are _________free medical care. p.TiTFu/  
(A) entitled to K#6`LL m  
(B) involved in :}3 qZX  
(C) associated with 3 q.[-.q  
(D) assigned to  z7.C\l  
6.The farmers were more anxious for rain than the people in the city because they had more at ______. ~D`oP/6  
(A) danger $jm>tW&;  
(B) stake " 6*Kgf2G  
(C) loss utm+\/  
(D) threat OCOO02Wq1  
7. I felt _________to death because I could make nothing of the chairman’s speech. yK>0[6l  
(A) fatigued qY~$wVY(  
(B) tired 1UA~J|&gi^  
(C) exhausted M5ySs\O4  
(D) bored [nPzh Xs  
8. When the engine would not start, the mechanic inspected all the parts to find what was at _____. X?}GPA4 W  
(A) wrong ,C'w(af@}  
(B) trouble Dxa)7d A|  
(C) fault Bg+]_:<U  
(D) difficulty D'sboOY  
9. Your advice would be ______valuable to him, who is at present at his wit’s end. M;TfD  
exceedingly #u2&8-Gh  
(B) excessively WJh;p: q[  
(C) extensively E[Ws} n.  
(D) exclusively 5vh"PlK`s  
10. He failed to carry out some of the provisions of the contract, and now he has to ______the consequences. J&U0y  
(A) answer for feq6!k7  
(B) runsintos +8vzkfr3It  
(C) abide by ZEyGqCf3  
(D) stepsintos oQjB&0k4  
11. The river is already _______its banks because of excessive rainfall; and the city is threatened with a likely flood. ~ ew**@N  
(A) parallel to =!P?/  
(B) level in ~G ^}2#5  
(C) flat on \A\yuJ=  
(D) flush with >\oJ&gdc  
12. People _______that vertical flight transports would carry millions of passengers as do the airliners of today. U!I_i*:U  
(A) convinced W0T i ^@  
(B) anticipated %WT:RT_  
(C) resolved j UR  #  
(D) assured &'ETx"  
13. In spite of the wide range of reading material specially written or _______ for language learning purposes, there is yet no comprehensive systematic programme for the reading skills. "%f5ltut3  
(A) adapted %FI6\ |`M  
(B) acknowledged }: D~yEP  
(C) assembled ;@Hi*d[  
(D) appointed g*c\'~f;  
14.The mother said she would ________her son washing the dishes if he could finish his assignment before supper. ?N?pe}  
(A) let down "oXAIfU#T  
(B) let alone 898wZ{9  
(C) let off  aC }1]7  
(D) let out .&}4  
15.We should always keep in mind that _______decisions often lead to bitter regrets . :E&T}RN  
(A) urgent tc2GI6]e'  
(B) hasty 2hC$"Dfp  
(C) instant /FV6lR!0^  
(D) prompt wJR i;fvi  
16.John complained to the bookseller that there were several pages _______in the dictionary. r~fl=2>yQ  
(A) missing =yhfL2`aw  
(B) losing cBF%] )!  
(C) dropping fQ_8{=<-&X  
(D) leaking
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水