加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 考博报班 每日签到

主题 : 2009年考博英语词汇复习测试题
级别: 初级博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2009-02-27   

2009年考博英语词汇复习测试题

1. In that country, guests tend to feel they are not highly if the invitation to a dinner party is extended only three or four days before the party date. z_%G{H+:l  
(A) admired sYV7t*l  
(B)regarded yXU-@~  
(C) expected u@|izRk  
(D) worshipped  !sda6?&  
2. A of the long report by the budget committee was submitted to the mayor for approval. o `?0D)/O  
(A) shorthand )"?6EsSF  
(B)scheme y*2R#jTA  
(C) schedule @$FE}j_  
(D) sketch Y" 9 o  
3. A man has to make ______for his old age by putting aside enough money to live on when old . F#=XJYG1  
(A) supply {MmHR  
(B) assurance (]wi^dE  
(C) provision WqN=  D5  
(D) adjustment 8@%Xd^  
4.The newly-built Science Building seems _______enough to last a hundred years. VM{ `CJ2  
(A) spacious [vki^M5i|Z  
(B) sophisticated KDwz!:ye  
(C) substantial d_9Fc" C~  
(D) steady v+-f pl&  
5.It is well-known that the retired workers in our country are _________free medical care. z9:@~3k.  
(A) entitled to }HS:3Dt  
(B) involved in A.7:.5Cx'  
(C) associated with gA ]7YHc  
(D) assigned to RAR0LKGX  
6.The farmers were more anxious for rain than the people in the city because they had more at ______. C G'NC\x5  
(A) danger .4={K)kz|F  
(B) stake BqZ^I eC$  
(C) loss }GvoQ#N  
(D) threat H3{x; {.b  
7. I felt _________to death because I could make nothing of the chairman’s speech. Mq) n=M  
(A) fatigued <B 5^  
(B) tired o D;  
(C) exhausted !8&,GT  
(D) bored ZWMX!>o<  
8. When the engine would not start, the mechanic inspected all the parts to find what was at _____. qG"|,bA  
(A) wrong o;Ijv\Em  
(B) trouble A/N*Nc  
(C) fault %sC,;^wla'  
(D) difficulty mOwgk7s[ J  
9. Your advice would be ______valuable to him, who is at present at his wit’s end. ]i*q*]x2u  
exceedingly R#~}ZUk2  
(B) excessively @R otJl/>  
(C) extensively K-wjQ|*1  
(D) exclusively , >Y . !  
10. He failed to carry out some of the provisions of the contract, and now he has to ______the consequences. $gDp-7  
(A) answer for LoHWkNZ5:  
(B) runsintos T~$ePVk>L  
(C) abide by :{4G= UbAI  
(D) stepsintos 0w\X  
11. The river is already _______its banks because of excessive rainfall; and the city is threatened with a likely flood. Y=X"Y H|  
(A) parallel to ;t%L (J  
(B) level in J'9&dt  
(C) flat on +WPi}  
(D) flush with +Smv<^bW  
12. People _______that vertical flight transports would carry millions of passengers as do the airliners of today. 7tAWP Swf  
(A) convinced 7g ]]>  
(B) anticipated Tp`)cdcC[  
(C) resolved ?f']*pD8  
(D) assured SUD]Wl7G`r  
13. In spite of the wide range of reading material specially written or _______ for language learning purposes, there is yet no comprehensive systematic programme for the reading skills. _zh}%#6L  
(A) adapted {\|? {8f  
(B) acknowledged ?^BsR  
(C) assembled F/j=rs,*|D  
(D) appointed ("/*k  
14.The mother said she would ________her son washing the dishes if he could finish his assignment before supper. vlIdi@V  
(A) let down lNsPwyCoj  
(B) let alone :#TJ-l:#  
(C) let off 9Z*`{  
(D) let out eE7 R d>  
15.We should always keep in mind that _______decisions often lead to bitter regrets . %c^]Rdl  
(A) urgent /oiAA B27  
(B) hasty YD@V2gK  
(C) instant hph 3kfR  
(D) prompt O.rk!&N  
16.John complained to the bookseller that there were several pages _______in the dictionary. GsDSJz  
(A) missing [&NF0c[i  
(B) losing }QJE9;<e  
(C) dropping d1 y(Jt  
(D) leaking
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水