加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 考博报班 每日签到

主题 : 2012空军工程大学考博英语试题1
级别: VIP博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2015-01-29   
来源于 考博试题 分类

2012空军工程大学考博英语试题1

.Complete each of the following sentences with the best answer. (0.5’*40) ,Y=r] fk  
1. Until he took off his glasses __________. o{pQDI {R  
A. I didn’t recognize him B. I hadn’t recognized him S9J<3 =  
C. didn’t I recognize him D. hadn’t I recognized him &F9BaJ  
2. We can __________ that after some time our farmers will be able to __________ international competition. GLQ1rT  
A. expect; fit themselves B. presume; adjust to =HmV0  
C. assume; adapt to D. suppose; get used to ?Q[uIQ?dV  
3. A good reader can tell the difference between words that sound __________, and know ____________ to use them. dX{|-;6vm  
A. like; why and how B. alike; why and where |8PUmax  
C. like how and where D. alike; when and how E ;65kZ  
4. 90 percent of all English writing ____________ 1,000 basic words. z:-a7_   
A. is consisted B. consist of c<L^ 1,G2  
C. consists of D. consisted D% } ?l  
5. ____________ to develop his talent, Adam could become an excellent artist. ]#P9.c_}  
A. Allowed B. Allowing 6js94ko[  
C. Being allowed D. Have been allowed T`7;Rl'Q  
6. Don’t ever drive past a hitchhiker, ____________? rCi7q]_  
A. will you B. don’t you l-xKfp`  
C. do you D. can you >Lp^QP1gU  
7. As a senior professor she should have known better ____________ to get involved in such a scandal. S. rlF1`  
A. and not B. but not "- S2${  
C. than D. than not y`wTw/5N  
8. His power was seriously ____________ by a succession of crises, and when he died, a bitter power struggle ____________. T#xC u|5  
A. weakened; was ensued B. eroded; ensued F%@( $f  
C. damaged; followed D. reduced; occurred EKoAIC*?p  
9. Leonardo da Vinci ____________ caged birds in order to have the pleasure of setting them free. j9Ptd$Uj  
A. was said to buy B. is said to buy  98eiYh  
C. has said to buy D. is said to have bought 90L ,.  
10. In China, customers pay far less for a DVD than ____________ countries. {Ak{ ct\t  
A. those in many B. in many n_\V G[f  
C. those in many other D. in many other *t J+!1  
11. ____________dull he may be, he is certainly a very successful top executive. _Qg^>}]A1  
A. Although B. whatever  ~L(=-B`Ow  
C. As D. However  O9*cV3}H  
12. The party, ____________I was the guest of honour, was extremely enjoyable. x4|>HY<p?  
A. by which B. for which  ^_ <jg0V  
C. to which D. at which  |3{DlZ2S  
13. If only I ____________ play the guitar as well as you! EM]~yn!+  
A. would B. could  Dz/I"bZLC  
C. should D. might Bv_C *vW  
14. It’s high time we ____________ cutting down the rainforests. )w];eF0c  
A. stopped B. had to stop %Z~, F?  
C. shall stop D. stop Au jvKQ(  
15. The student said there were a few points in the essay he ____________ impossible to comprehend. }rf_:  
A. has found B. was finding dK'?<w$  
C. had found D. would find _"n1"%Ns  
16. Loudspeakers were fixed in the hall so that everyone____________ an opportunity to hear the speech. TY~8`+bJ  
A. ought to have B. must have y;A<R[|Ve  
C. may have D. should have {N1Ss|6  
17. I am surprised____________ this city is a dull place to live in. w"d~R   
A. that you should think  B. by what you are thinking =g4^tIYq  
C. that you would think D. with what you were thinking wy6>^_z  
18. Susan is very hardworking, but her pay is not____________ for her work. 2%4dA$H#4w  
A. enough good B. good enough Z7RGOZQ}G  
C. as good enough D. good as enough ~ qQSt%  
19. It is imperative that the government ____________ more investment into the shipbuilding industry. x*td nor&  
A. attracts B. shall attract %,f|H :+>u  
C. attract D. has to nIdB,  
20. Land belongs to the city; there is ____________ thing as private ownership of land. h|OqM:J;  
A. no such a B. not such ,jJ&x7ra8  
C. not such a D. no such B:S/ ?v  
21. My daughter has walked eight miles today. We never guessed that she could walk____________far. y1R53u`;L  
A. /  B. such x95[*[  
C. that  D. as S@i*+&Ot  
22. The statistics ____________ that living standards in the area have improved drastically in recent times. m<L.H33'  
A. proves   B. is proving  x 'Pp!  
C. are proving D. prove  SK f9 yS#  
23. There are only ten apples left in the baskets, ____________ the spoilt ones. *olV Y/'O  
A. not counting B. not to count &}}c>]m  
C. don’t count D. having not counted \| qr&(PG  
24. It was ____________we had hoped S1oRMd)r  
A. more a success than B. a success more than "@: b'm  
C. as much of a success as D. a success as much as u,AZMjlF  
25. There used to be a petrol station near the park, ____________? .ko8`J%%M  
A. didn’t it B. doesn’t there !14aw9Q  
C. usedn’t it? D. didn’t there UHr0J jQK  
26. It is an offence to show ____________ against people of different races. ;xF5P'T?|  
A. distinction B. difference DyeV uB  
C.separation D. discrimination j8/rd  
27. A great amount of work has gone into ____________ the Cathedral to its previous splendour. hE.N W  
A. refreshing B. restoring S[p.`<{J  
C. renovating D. renewing 0I6[`*|SX  
28. The thieves fled with the local police close on their ____________. \-(.cj)?  
A. backs B. necks AITV+=sN  
C. toes D. heels r&F(VF0 6  
29. The economic recession has meant that job____________ is a rare thing. 3I0=^ >A  
A. security B. safety kmHIU}Z  
C. protection D. secureness TI '(  
30. Many people nowadays save money to ____________ for their old age. }yM /z  
A. cater B. supply !uaV6K  
C. provide D. equip _86pbr9  
31. The tone of the article ____________ the writer’s mood at the time. yEYlQ=[#  
A. reproduced B. reflected ;3ZHm*xJx  
C. imagined D. imitated lwS6"2q  
32. The job of a student accommodation officer____________ a great many visits to landladies. 0*?/s\>PS;  
A. concerns B. offers &?~OV:r9  
C. asks D. involves z [xi  
33. Our family doctor’s clinic ____________at the junction of two busy roads. z}I4m  
A. rests B. stands qmzg68  
C. stays D. seats QWt ?` h=  
34. She was so fat that she could only just ____________ through the door. qJq49}2  
A. assemble B. appear W<Ms0  
C. squeeze D. gather 1pe eecE  
35. After the heavy rain, a builder was called to repair the roof, which was ____________. wNsAVUjLe  
A. leaking B. trickling 5DgfrX  
C. prominent D. noticeable dB{o-R  
36. The reception was attended by ____________ members of the local community. VCOz?Y*  
A. excellent B. conspicuous G8}w|'0m  
C. prominent D. noticeable w eMC 9T)B  
37. Share prices on the Stock Exchange plunged sharply in the morning but ____________slightly in the afternoon. =nQ"ye  
A. regained B. recovered MB$K ?"Y  
C. restored D. revived <~9z.v7  
38. His ____________ brain has worked away on the idea of a universal cure. H,r>@Y  
A. rich B. quick }?f%cRT$  
C. productive D. fertile [%U(l<  
39. The couple has donated a not____________ amount of money to the foundation. sSVgDQ~q  
A. inconsiderable B. inconsiderate )6?(K"T  
C. inaccurate D. incomparable rCGyr}(NC  
40. I hear that it is estimated that the number of people ____________ less than one dollar a day has ____________ one billion worldwide. w6 C0]vh  
A. relying on; gone up to B. living on; exceeded #K A,=J  
C. depending on; reached over D. living with; surpassed NABwtx> .  
ve|:z  
.Proofreading and error correction (1’*10) o"F=3b~:n  
The following passage contains TEN errors. Each indicated line contains a maximum of ONE error. You should proofread the passage and correct it in the following way: _97A9wHj  
For a wrong word, underline it and write the correct one in the blank provided at the end of the line.  uY]nqb  
For a missing word, mark the position of the missing word with a “︿” sign and write the missing word in the blank provided at the end of the line. T%kr&XsQX  
For an unnecessary word, cross out the unnecessary word with a slash “/” and put the word in the blank provided at the end of the line. ,k}-I65M*t  
[table=426.1pt][tr][td=1,1,463]Many artist today are in what is called applied art. They use tHez S~t_  
[/td][td=1,1,104] gkDyWZG B  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]their ability in advertise, interior decoration, or some similar job. }E626d}uA  
[/td][td=1,1,104]41. ________ Bi7QYi/  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]But people in business which hire the artists for that kind of wok ^8p=g -U\  
[/td][td=1,1,104]42. ________ E/MD]ox  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]say that simple artist ability is not enough. There are lots of young v8Ga@*  
[/td][td=1,1,104]43. ________ 9VyY [&  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]people who have that. But not enough of them who know anything pSM\(kVKa  
[/td][td=1,1,104]44. ________ K.k%Tg[ ~  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]about physics, or mechanical things, or math.  4[=vt  
[/td][td=1,1,104] qx,>j4y w  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]To be a druggist you have to study chemistry. You can’t learn I<p- o/TP  
[/td][td=1,1,104] '!8'Xo@Go3  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]chemistry without knowing something about algebra. [ +w=  
[/td][td=1,1,104] N"A863>  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]How about a nurse? One of the requiring subjects in a course of 6_KO6O7g  
[/td][td=1,1,104]45. ________ R( jp  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]nursing is known to “materia medica”. In “materia medica” you’ll X=QaTV  
[/td][td=1,1,104]46. ________ _ISIq3A?  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]learn how to figure out doses and prepare for medicines. Algebra is HV_5 +  
[/td][td=1,1,104]47. ________ |Nx7jGd:i  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]important in doing the figuring. Too many student nurses flunk out 2$G,pT1J  
[/td][td=1,1,104] $9LI v  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]of the course because of their weak math. Fp3NWvu  
[/td][td=1,1,104] L[M`LZpJo  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]It’s the same for many trades. If you want to be a crafts-man, JL[xrK0  
[/td][td=1,1,104]48. ________ 2`2S94'  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]a machinist, a molder, and a patternmaker, you’ll need algebra and oT=XCa5  
[/td][td=1,1,104]49. ________ ?]1_ 2\M  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]geometry and even trigonometry. P*9vs%W  
[/td][td=1,1,104] {,kA'Px)  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]Even you want to go into business for yourself, you’ll need t|/{oAj  
[/td][td=1,1,104]50. _______ gK8E |f-z  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]math. Business today, whether it is running a little gas station or a ?<3wks|C  
[/td][td=1,1,104] 2h:*lV^  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]big factory, takes good management. Good management takes mathematics. [^rMM1^,OB  
[/td][td=1,1,104] ZA1u  
[/td][/tr][/table] o \r6 iO  
'aLTiF+  
"}91wfG9  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水