加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 考博报班 每日签到

主题 : 2012空军工程大学考博英语试题1
级别: VIP博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2015-01-29   
来源于 考博试题 分类

2012空军工程大学考博英语试题1

.Complete each of the following sentences with the best answer. (0.5’*40) yfq>,  
1. Until he took off his glasses __________. bs:QG1*.  
A. I didn’t recognize him B. I hadn’t recognized him 3k{c$x}  
C. didn’t I recognize him D. hadn’t I recognized him ZvyjMLf  
2. We can __________ that after some time our farmers will be able to __________ international competition. ) MBS  
A. expect; fit themselves B. presume; adjust to LT(?#)D  
C. assume; adapt to D. suppose; get used to Z^+a*^w~{  
3. A good reader can tell the difference between words that sound __________, and know ____________ to use them. 1g81S_T .  
A. like; why and how B. alike; why and where fMzYFM'i  
C. like how and where D. alike; when and how um}N%5GAa  
4. 90 percent of all English writing ____________ 1,000 basic words. X?kPi&ru  
A. is consisted B. consist of R ^^ 1/%  
C. consists of D. consisted `rq<jtf+  
5. ____________ to develop his talent, Adam could become an excellent artist. PAr |1i)mB  
A. Allowed B. Allowing taixBNv  
C. Being allowed D. Have been allowed B%y! aQep  
6. Don’t ever drive past a hitchhiker, ____________? ?d#Lr*m  
A. will you B. don’t you ,0FwBK  
C. do you D. can you j^rYFS w:Q  
7. As a senior professor she should have known better ____________ to get involved in such a scandal. ,?fN#gc :  
A. and not B. but not Ef-a4P i  
C. than D. than not 2!{N[*)  
8. His power was seriously ____________ by a succession of crises, and when he died, a bitter power struggle ____________. 0|GpZuGO9  
A. weakened; was ensued B. eroded; ensued v=j>^F Z  
C. damaged; followed D. reduced; occurred "zXGp7Q'#  
9. Leonardo da Vinci ____________ caged birds in order to have the pleasure of setting them free. v'K % %z  
A. was said to buy B. is said to buy \!m!ibr  
C. has said to buy D. is said to have bought 7<fL[2-  
10. In China, customers pay far less for a DVD than ____________ countries. Wf_CR(  
A. those in many B. in many ~.iA`${y%  
C. those in many other D. in many other zU=YNrn  
11. ____________dull he may be, he is certainly a very successful top executive. FBYll[ 8  
A. Although B. whatever  tx gvVQ  
C. As D. However  `B:B7Cpvn  
12. The party, ____________I was the guest of honour, was extremely enjoyable. U2VV[e)Z!  
A. by which B. for which   dD:  
C. to which D. at which  IPwj_jvw  
13. If only I ____________ play the guitar as well as you! &3jBE --  
A. would B. could  l t&$8jh  
C. should D. might IkiQ Ok  
14. It’s high time we ____________ cutting down the rainforests. F\zkyk 4  
A. stopped B. had to stop n9N#&Q"7m  
C. shall stop D. stop t1G1(F#&%  
15. The student said there were a few points in the essay he ____________ impossible to comprehend. #Tup]czO  
A. has found B. was finding nXv 7OEpTx  
C. had found D. would find 20$F$YYuk  
16. Loudspeakers were fixed in the hall so that everyone____________ an opportunity to hear the speech. -08&&H  
A. ought to have B. must have N>Vacc_[  
C. may have D. should have ){+.8KI  
17. I am surprised____________ this city is a dull place to live in. hO5K\QnRL  
A. that you should think  B. by what you are thinking  $&ex\_W  
C. that you would think D. with what you were thinking 1M7\:te*  
18. Susan is very hardworking, but her pay is not____________ for her work. EC^Ev|PB\u  
A. enough good B. good enough _8,vk-,'  
C. as good enough D. good as enough |h#DL$  
19. It is imperative that the government ____________ more investment into the shipbuilding industry. Es.toOH$S  
A. attracts B. shall attract I;`Ko_i  
C. attract D. has to S4#A#a2J  
20. Land belongs to the city; there is ____________ thing as private ownership of land. =-OCM*5~S  
A. no such a B. not such zAKq7'_=  
C. not such a D. no such XR{5]lKt_  
21. My daughter has walked eight miles today. We never guessed that she could walk____________far. -&qRo0^3  
A. /  B. such p_rN1W Dd'  
C. that  D. as !L &=?CX  
22. The statistics ____________ that living standards in the area have improved drastically in recent times. XD_P\z  
A. proves   B. is proving  {B'Gm]4  
C. are proving D. prove  aHBByH  
23. There are only ten apples left in the baskets, ____________ the spoilt ones. sh',"S#=@  
A. not counting B. not to count ^ I{R[O'8  
C. don’t count D. having not counted n4ds;N3Hd  
24. It was ____________we had hoped qP7&LtU  
A. more a success than B. a success more than M9uH&CD6U  
C. as much of a success as D. a success as much as b9W<1eqF  
25. There used to be a petrol station near the park, ____________? SX_kr^#  
A. didn’t it B. doesn’t there (5f5P84x  
C. usedn’t it? D. didn’t there |x _ -I#H  
26. It is an offence to show ____________ against people of different races. Ev$-P X  
A. distinction B. difference eHF(,JI  
C.separation D. discrimination +P> A P&  
27. A great amount of work has gone into ____________ the Cathedral to its previous splendour. )rs|=M=Xk  
A. refreshing B. restoring Y\z^\k  
C. renovating D. renewing T !=20!I  
28. The thieves fled with the local police close on their ____________. [T}%q"<  
A. backs B. necks jza}-=&+e  
C. toes D. heels 'y+bx?3Z  
29. The economic recession has meant that job____________ is a rare thing. 6]@|7|N>X  
A. security B. safety vUo.BA#;.b  
C. protection D. secureness ])$. "g  
30. Many people nowadays save money to ____________ for their old age. 4t%:O4 3e  
A. cater B. supply |`q)/ 08b  
C. provide D. equip 0bnVIG2q  
31. The tone of the article ____________ the writer’s mood at the time. !"Oj$c -  
A. reproduced B. reflected %/6 e"o  
C. imagined D. imitated "dLMBY~  
32. The job of a student accommodation officer____________ a great many visits to landladies. +>i<sk  
A. concerns B. offers Q#J>vwi=  
C. asks D. involves ;)= z vr17  
33. Our family doctor’s clinic ____________at the junction of two busy roads. ) v[Knp'  
A. rests B. stands Z68Wf5@to&  
C. stays D. seats  $D, wO  
34. She was so fat that she could only just ____________ through the door. k`2B9,z  
A. assemble B. appear PGv}fEH"  
C. squeeze D. gather mtWx ?x  
35. After the heavy rain, a builder was called to repair the roof, which was ____________. YP\4XI  
A. leaking B. trickling Q,,fDBN  
C. prominent D. noticeable wsb=[$C  
36. The reception was attended by ____________ members of the local community. ;FgEE%  
A. excellent B. conspicuous P=SxiXsr$  
C. prominent D. noticeable *F8 uu.  
37. Share prices on the Stock Exchange plunged sharply in the morning but ____________slightly in the afternoon. sNk>0 X[  
A. regained B. recovered H:{(CY?t  
C. restored D. revived vu.S>2Wv  
38. His ____________ brain has worked away on the idea of a universal cure. Dpp52UnT E  
A. rich B. quick "za*$DU  
C. productive D. fertile >g i{x|/  
39. The couple has donated a not____________ amount of money to the foundation. W}e[.iX;  
A. inconsiderable B. inconsiderate ^%*{:0'  
C. inaccurate D. incomparable TNPGw!  
40. I hear that it is estimated that the number of people ____________ less than one dollar a day has ____________ one billion worldwide. _OxnHf:|  
A. relying on; gone up to B. living on; exceeded | C2.Zay  
C. depending on; reached over D. living with; surpassed Y'a(J7  
<T_Nlar^^  
.Proofreading and error correction (1’*10) _]r)6RT  
The following passage contains TEN errors. Each indicated line contains a maximum of ONE error. You should proofread the passage and correct it in the following way: (zLIv9$  
For a wrong word, underline it and write the correct one in the blank provided at the end of the line. DwrCysIK  
For a missing word, mark the position of the missing word with a “︿” sign and write the missing word in the blank provided at the end of the line. wPO@f~[Ji  
For an unnecessary word, cross out the unnecessary word with a slash “/” and put the word in the blank provided at the end of the line. 1yRd10  
[table=426.1pt][tr][td=1,1,463]Many artist today are in what is called applied art. They use x#gmliF  
[/td][td=1,1,104] \7tvNa,C  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]their ability in advertise, interior decoration, or some similar job. $XU$?_O  
[/td][td=1,1,104]41. ________ fm:{&(  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]But people in business which hire the artists for that kind of wok #/v_ h6$  
[/td][td=1,1,104]42. ________ qF6%XKbh=  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]say that simple artist ability is not enough. There are lots of young TtjSLkF  
[/td][td=1,1,104]43. ________ yExyx?j.  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]people who have that. But not enough of them who know anything  iIEIGQx  
[/td][td=1,1,104]44. ________ "yq;{AGOGl  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]about physics, or mechanical things, or math. <@j  
[/td][td=1,1,104] rHdP4:n  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]To be a druggist you have to study chemistry. You can’t learn Mc3h  R0  
[/td][td=1,1,104] I lL   
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]chemistry without knowing something about algebra. 5'Ay@FJ:  
[/td][td=1,1,104] RkV3_c   
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]How about a nurse? One of the requiring subjects in a course of +~{nU'  
[/td][td=1,1,104]45. ________ ;3}b&Z[N]  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]nursing is known to “materia medica”. In “materia medica” you’ll F"#*8P  
[/td][td=1,1,104]46. ________ N)y;owgo  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]learn how to figure out doses and prepare for medicines. Algebra is <gz MDX[^M  
[/td][td=1,1,104]47. ________ knZd}?I*  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]important in doing the figuring. Too many student nurses flunk out ^g){)rz|  
[/td][td=1,1,104] M6Z`Pwv];  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]of the course because of their weak math. F7Yuky  
[/td][td=1,1,104] IX3 yNTW"L  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]It’s the same for many trades. If you want to be a crafts-man, Y tj>U  
[/td][td=1,1,104]48. ________ EMH}VigR  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]a machinist, a molder, and a patternmaker, you’ll need algebra and .z7f_KX^  
[/td][td=1,1,104]49. ________ xT( .#9  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]geometry and even trigonometry. WW@"75t  
[/td][td=1,1,104] ^o<Nz8  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]Even you want to go into business for yourself, you’ll need 93 b5S>&r  
[/td][td=1,1,104]50. _______ m{Xf_rQ w  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]math. Business today, whether it is running a little gas station or a ArKrsI#H-  
[/td][td=1,1,104] S%|' /cFo  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]big factory, takes good management. Good management takes mathematics. 6UP3Ij  
[/td][td=1,1,104] Du4?n8 o  
[/td][/tr][/table] $jL.TraV7  
3CL:VwoW  
}E_zW.{!  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水