加入VIP 上传考博资料 您的流量 增加流量 考博报班 每日签到

主题 : 2012空军工程大学考博英语试题1
级别: VIP博友
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2015-01-29   
来源于 考博试题 分类

2012空军工程大学考博英语试题1

.Complete each of the following sentences with the best answer. (0.5’*40) Ck m:;q  
1. Until he took off his glasses __________. E 8$S0u;`  
A. I didn’t recognize him B. I hadn’t recognized him x.Ny@l%]  
C. didn’t I recognize him D. hadn’t I recognized him &(p5z4Df  
2. We can __________ that after some time our farmers will be able to __________ international competition. '<e$ c  
A. expect; fit themselves B. presume; adjust to UbIUc}ge  
C. assume; adapt to D. suppose; get used to >xF&>SDC  
3. A good reader can tell the difference between words that sound __________, and know ____________ to use them. U ){4W0  
A. like; why and how B. alike; why and where DV>;sCMJ %  
C. like how and where D. alike; when and how xwwL  
4. 90 percent of all English writing ____________ 1,000 basic words. #2Vq "Zn  
A. is consisted B. consist of zyP/'X_~:  
C. consists of D. consisted '|Lv -7  
5. ____________ to develop his talent, Adam could become an excellent artist. zqQ[uO]m?  
A. Allowed B. Allowing JnqP`kYbTE  
C. Being allowed D. Have been allowed ]HXHz(?;F  
6. Don’t ever drive past a hitchhiker, ____________? V_n tS& 2o  
A. will you B. don’t you YuJ{@"H  
C. do you D. can you n\BV*AH  
7. As a senior professor she should have known better ____________ to get involved in such a scandal. bcxR7<T,"9  
A. and not B. but not ]F;1l3I-  
C. than D. than not Tks1gN^^  
8. His power was seriously ____________ by a succession of crises, and when he died, a bitter power struggle ____________. OJM2t`}_t  
A. weakened; was ensued B. eroded; ensued ,[dvs&-*  
C. damaged; followed D. reduced; occurred _~P &8  
9. Leonardo da Vinci ____________ caged birds in order to have the pleasure of setting them free. 7*WO9R/  
A. was said to buy B. is said to buy 7;r3Bxa Q  
C. has said to buy D. is said to have bought O9ro{ k  
10. In China, customers pay far less for a DVD than ____________ countries. a^[s[j#^,  
A. those in many B. in many vI48*&]wTf  
C. those in many other D. in many other /V] i3ac  
11. ____________dull he may be, he is certainly a very successful top executive. =`C K`x  
A. Although B. whatever  ;l < amB  
C. As D. However  INCD5dihJ  
12. The party, ____________I was the guest of honour, was extremely enjoyable. ]'hel#L;l  
A. by which B. for which  y;P%=M P  
C. to which D. at which  J?4dafkw  
13. If only I ____________ play the guitar as well as you! WV p6/H S  
A. would B. could  N\?__WlBK7  
C. should D. might k!6m'}v  
14. It’s high time we ____________ cutting down the rainforests. j*GS')Cm  
A. stopped B. had to stop A ;|P\V  
C. shall stop D. stop 'bg'^PN>z  
15. The student said there were a few points in the essay he ____________ impossible to comprehend. x7jFYC  
A. has found B. was finding GI:! ,9  
C. had found D. would find ^.~e  
16. Loudspeakers were fixed in the hall so that everyone____________ an opportunity to hear the speech. qamq9F$V  
A. ought to have B. must have hC]:+.Q+  
C. may have D. should have h2?\A%  
17. I am surprised____________ this city is a dull place to live in. V <ilv<  
A. that you should think  B. by what you are thinking +u& 3pK>f  
C. that you would think D. with what you were thinking _[wG-W/9R  
18. Susan is very hardworking, but her pay is not____________ for her work. ;Uy}(  
A. enough good B. good enough n(SeJk%>9  
C. as good enough D. good as enough 8 ~Pdr]5  
19. It is imperative that the government ____________ more investment into the shipbuilding industry. <R%TCVwC@  
A. attracts B. shall attract K<p Z*l  
C. attract D. has to >8$Lqj^i  
20. Land belongs to the city; there is ____________ thing as private ownership of land. Z=a~0&G  
A. no such a B. not such ,,ML^ey  
C. not such a D. no such _E/  
21. My daughter has walked eight miles today. We never guessed that she could walk____________far. y,q n9  
A. /  B. such ;r.#|b  
C. that  D. as la^K|!|  
22. The statistics ____________ that living standards in the area have improved drastically in recent times. Mfdkv J'  
A. proves   B. is proving  7m:TY>{  
C. are proving D. prove  M(^ e) 7a1  
23. There are only ten apples left in the baskets, ____________ the spoilt ones. ln6=XDu  
A. not counting B. not to count 4sC)hAx&f  
C. don’t count D. having not counted >q ,Z*s>?  
24. It was ____________we had hoped (io[O?te  
A. more a success than B. a success more than u Qg$hS  
C. as much of a success as D. a success as much as -*kZ2grLt  
25. There used to be a petrol station near the park, ____________? 4`Jf_C  
A. didn’t it B. doesn’t there )a%E $`   
C. usedn’t it? D. didn’t there O2U}jHsd  
26. It is an offence to show ____________ against people of different races. E[BM0.#bZ  
A. distinction B. difference J-5kvQi8  
C.separation D. discrimination XdnpL$0  
27. A great amount of work has gone into ____________ the Cathedral to its previous splendour. b%0@nu4  
A. refreshing B. restoring 6:?mz;oP  
C. renovating D. renewing hb9HVj  
28. The thieves fled with the local police close on their ____________. c}H}fyu%n  
A. backs B. necks Tz 0XBH_  
C. toes D. heels $)KNpdXh  
29. The economic recession has meant that job____________ is a rare thing. BaMF5f+  
A. security B. safety lAo4)  
C. protection D. secureness Q:'r p  
30. Many people nowadays save money to ____________ for their old age. &MB1'~Q,hq  
A. cater B. supply }j!C+i  
C. provide D. equip /-(OJN5F^  
31. The tone of the article ____________ the writer’s mood at the time. >\3N#S"PF  
A. reproduced B. reflected AO z~@i^  
C. imagined D. imitated ID<[=es6  
32. The job of a student accommodation officer____________ a great many visits to landladies. kxmsrQ>av  
A. concerns B. offers |;I"Oc.w^R  
C. asks D. involves Ylgr]?Db*  
33. Our family doctor’s clinic ____________at the junction of two busy roads. #/\Zo &V8  
A. rests B. stands "I@akM$x  
C. stays D. seats :8N{;aui  
34. She was so fat that she could only just ____________ through the door. l%qh^0  
A. assemble B. appear R3.8Dr 0f  
C. squeeze D. gather |3hNTH?  
35. After the heavy rain, a builder was called to repair the roof, which was ____________. e2pFX ?  
A. leaking B. trickling 3FMYs&0r4  
C. prominent D. noticeable JIf.d($ ~:  
36. The reception was attended by ____________ members of the local community. hZ') <@hNP  
A. excellent B. conspicuous cE?p~fq<  
C. prominent D. noticeable tJm1Q#||  
37. Share prices on the Stock Exchange plunged sharply in the morning but ____________slightly in the afternoon. kZR(0, W  
A. regained B. recovered Pj5:=d8z(  
C. restored D. revived A-h[vP!v|  
38. His ____________ brain has worked away on the idea of a universal cure. t"5ZYa  
A. rich B. quick (-@I'CFd  
C. productive D. fertile ~ cI`$kJ  
39. The couple has donated a not____________ amount of money to the foundation. [}}q/7Lp  
A. inconsiderable B. inconsiderate ~b%dBn]n>  
C. inaccurate D. incomparable N37CAbw0  
40. I hear that it is estimated that the number of people ____________ less than one dollar a day has ____________ one billion worldwide. <)"2rxX&5  
A. relying on; gone up to B. living on; exceeded ^,J>=>,1\  
C. depending on; reached over D. living with; surpassed u]]mbER*t#  
Yqv!ZJ6  
.Proofreading and error correction (1’*10) iEbW[sX[ 4  
The following passage contains TEN errors. Each indicated line contains a maximum of ONE error. You should proofread the passage and correct it in the following way: 6B}V{2  
For a wrong word, underline it and write the correct one in the blank provided at the end of the line. G sz$H_  
For a missing word, mark the position of the missing word with a “︿” sign and write the missing word in the blank provided at the end of the line. OD?y  
For an unnecessary word, cross out the unnecessary word with a slash “/” and put the word in the blank provided at the end of the line. IiY%y:!g  
[table=426.1pt][tr][td=1,1,463]Many artist today are in what is called applied art. They use ]1I-e2Q-J  
[/td][td=1,1,104] '"h}l`  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]their ability in advertise, interior decoration, or some similar job. 7_eV.'h  
[/td][td=1,1,104]41. ________ xFA`sAucr  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]But people in business which hire the artists for that kind of wok [I[*?9}$"  
[/td][td=1,1,104]42. ________ \@zoM:[sN  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]say that simple artist ability is not enough. There are lots of young Q v},X~^R  
[/td][td=1,1,104]43. ________ sGa "  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]people who have that. But not enough of them who know anything N1U.1~U  
[/td][td=1,1,104]44. ________ B|=S-5pv*  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]about physics, or mechanical things, or math. YI]/gWeu  
[/td][td=1,1,104] X3y28 %R   
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]To be a druggist you have to study chemistry. You can’t learn x$pz(Q&v  
[/td][td=1,1,104] 8sq0 BH  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]chemistry without knowing something about algebra. !.O;SG  
[/td][td=1,1,104] C\ 34R  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]How about a nurse? One of the requiring subjects in a course of v(,YqT>q@U  
[/td][td=1,1,104]45. ________ N _(-\\mq  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]nursing is known to “materia medica”. In “materia medica” you’ll J@rB rKC  
[/td][td=1,1,104]46. ________ -@~4:o  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]learn how to figure out doses and prepare for medicines. Algebra is ~SXqhX-`  
[/td][td=1,1,104]47. ________ ,,?XGx  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]important in doing the figuring. Too many student nurses flunk out X#X/P  
[/td][td=1,1,104] MI`<U:-lP  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]of the course because of their weak math. p#>,{  
[/td][td=1,1,104] 8boiJku`  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]It’s the same for many trades. If you want to be a crafts-man, `J;g~#/k  
[/td][td=1,1,104]48. ________ *QoQ$alHH  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]a machinist, a molder, and a patternmaker, you’ll need algebra and O_*tDq,e  
[/td][td=1,1,104]49. ________ UUvR>5@n  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]geometry and even trigonometry. qI[AsM+  
[/td][td=1,1,104] /8/N  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]Even you want to go into business for yourself, you’ll need NkAu<> G _  
[/td][td=1,1,104]50. _______ g c<Y?a-  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]math. Business today, whether it is running a little gas station or a p`'3Il3  
[/td][td=1,1,104] tHFUV\D;,  
[/td][/tr][tr][td=1,1,463]big factory, takes good management. Good management takes mathematics. f2ck=3  
[/td][td=1,1,104] *(sv5c!0M8  
[/td][/tr][/table] :S+Bu*OyH  
NFf?~I&mfu  
z%$M IC  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水