显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2016-08-20   
来源于 考博试题 分类

中国人民大学 2007 年博士研究生入学考试试题

中国人民大学 2007 年博士研究生入学考试试题
(英语专业)
@MN>ye'T  
Part I. Vocabulary (20 %) otPEJ^W&  
Directions:Choose the best answer (from A, B, C and D) tocomplete each of the following sentences. Mark your choice with a single baracross the square brackets on your Machine-scoring Answer Sheet. zu;Yw=cM)  
1. Tom doesn’t think that the  situation here is as good as his hometown' s. />n0&~k[h  
6 a$%  
_IY)<'d  
A. economics f[ER`!  
B. economic {8"W  
C. economy [hFyu|I !  
D. economical :F<a~_k  
ZW\h,8%  
c=| a\\  
2.  the increase in the number of computers in ouroffices, the amount of paper hat we need has risen as well. >#8`Zy:/Y  
Q!|71{5U  
pkM32v-  
A. Along with ;eA~z"g  
B. Altogether Xt~/8)&  
C. Although :m+:%ke K  
D. All along ")o.x7~N  
gr-%9=Uq  
$~9U-B\  
3. The food was divided  according to the age and size of the child. oYqC"g&4Z  
`[ne<F?e  
$23R%8j   
A. equally %EVg.k$  
B. individually ](0A/,#q6  
C. sufficiently g6*}& .&  
D. proportionally Gge"`AT  
$[1 M2>[  
2 na8G  
4. Our new firm  fora credible, aggressive individual with great skills to fill this position. :)MZgW  
FEP\5d>  
O0Z'vbFG  
A. have looked */S ,CV  
B. are looking MQ,2v. vZ.  
C. is looking =lffr?#&B  
D. look D1Fc7! TV  
[Q%3=pm_  
?pVODnP k  
5. Plastic bags are useful for holding manykinds of food,  their cleanness, toughness and low cost. MZ+"Arzb  
}wUF#  
oZzE.Q1T  
A. by virtue of z#-&MJ  
B. in addition to ^y h  
C. for the sake of K1C#  
D. as opposed to W*_ifZ0s.  
hxtu^E/  
/Ia#udkNMp  
6. He  himself bitterly for his miserable behaviorthat evening. 6Es-{u(,  
}LE/{]A  
9> (8r+  
A. repealed ",K6zALJ  
B. resented 7sFjO/a*  
C. replayed /Db~ -$K  
D. reproached S]9xqiJW  
@ 8SYV}0 H  
uH7u4f1Q  
7. Many of the fads of the 1970s  as today' s latest fashions. E.BMm/WH  
 %RJW@~!  
<CH7jbK  
A. are being revived LUCpZ3F1  
B. is revised 19lx;^b  
J M`uIVnNA  
D!y Cnq=8  
C. are revoked `zTVup&  
D. is being reviled w1.KRe{M  
oinF<-(  
KBOxr5w  
8. All of the international delegatesattending the conference  tobring a souvenir from their own countries. qUVV374N  
^ 6obxwVG  
x2 tx{Z  
A. has asked iHR?]]RF  
B. is asking qf'uXH  
C. were asked @(ev``L5 g  
D. was asking 2"2b\b}my  
7gv kd+-*  
UW40Y3W0  
9. Britain hopes of a gold medal inthe Olympic Games suffered  yesterday, when Hunter failed to qualifyduring preliminary session. f v}h;?C  
7kj#3(e  
)<!y_;$A  
A. a severe set-back <b{ApsRJf  
B. sharp set-back k(V#{ YP  
|2^cPnv?G&  
w+[r$+z!k  
C. a severe blown-up M$|^?U>cm  
D. sharp blown-up o-49o5:1  
St'3e<  
J6=*F;x6E  
10. If you want to do well on the exam, you  on the directions that the professor gives andtake exact notes. IJ[#$I+Z%  
w {6kU   
pWK7B`t  
A. will have concentrated jDOB (fE  
B. have to concentrate m)g:@^$  
?/5WM%  
1s/t}J~zZ  
C. will be concentrated SfEgmp-m  
D. will be concentrating wtIXZU x  
)jm}h7,  
[y&yy|*\  
11. What  about that article in the newspaper was thatits writer showed an attitude cool enough, professional enough and, therefore,cruel enough when facing that tragedy. {f<2VeJ  
dXg.[|S*  
H0LEK(K  
A. worked me out  p gW BW9\  
B. knocked me out  W0R<^5_  
C. brought me up aHuZzYQ*"j  
D. put me forward a=]tqV_  
k><k|P[|  
l`>|XUf6  
12. Since his injury was serious, thedoctor suggested that he  in the game. j0_)DG  
#{-B`FAQ  
vz[oy|{F  
A. did not play suiO%H^t  
B. must not play avxr|uk  
C. not play Eh B0w;c  
D. not to play bys5IOP{]o  
o"wvP ~H  
zZR_&z<  
13. According to the latest report,consumer confidence  a breathtaking 15 points last month, to itslowest level in ten years. gc,%A'OR^<  
wIeF(}VM  
v,, .2UR4  
A. soared 57@6O-t-  
B. mutated w>S;}[fM  
C. plummeted vJI]ZnL{  
D. fluctuated *62Cf[a  
|2AMj0V~  
Mj!\EUn  
14. Our car trunk  with suitcases and we could hardly make roomfor anything. Y2$wL9">  
9 696EQ,I  
HD%n'@E  
A. went cramming 'wyS9^F  
B. was crammed ]8 vsr$E#  
1#tFO  
{ gT4Oq__  
C. is cramming pgUp1goAU  
D. was been crammed emT/5'y  
{HO,d{{  
\RT3#X+  
15. The secretary didn't know who he was,or she  him more politely. ZX0#I W  
SL[EOz#  
{Qba`lOkq  
A. will be treating p!/!ZIo  
B. would have treated /Z| K9a  
M!R=&a=Z  
!-HJ%(5:F  
C. was treating 7TW&=(  
D. would have been treated q:cCk#ra  
`c)[aP{vN  
)k[{re  
16. The instructions on how to use the newmachine  that nobody seemed to be able to understand. %`bn=~T^  
)tm%0z7R  
1<G,0Lt  
A. were very simplistic i~"lcgoO  
B. was very confused qDS~|<Y5  
\_)[FC@  
XUVBD;"f!  
C. were so confusing .4J7 ^l  
D. was so simplistic 7Y.mp9,  
3!op'X!  
k x%\Cz  
17. John played basketball in college and  active ever since. 6 \?GY  
#Xk/<It  
{nMCU{*k  
A. have extremely been 4axuE]  
B. has been extremely mtf><YU  
BsR3$  
^|%N _ s  
C. will be extremely CG ,H  
D. should extremely be +3 J5j+  
qN'%q+n  
l!<(}?u9  
18. The  of the spring water attracts a lot of visitorsfrom all over the country. [dy0aR$>d  
HggINMG  
S;SI#Vg@  
A. clash /~{ fPS  
B. clarify Bxf&gDwjgr  
C. clarity "td ,YVK  
D. clatter K_Kz8qV.?  
1QbD]"=n  
/&em%/  
19.  the gift in beautiful green paper, Sarahdeparted for the party. LYuMR,7E  
+.a->SZ5"  
g6h=Q3@  
A. Having wrapped M1eM^m8U  
B. To wrap { 3Qlx/6<  
C. Wrap brdY97s4  
D. Wrapping @Ll^ze&HI  
{tuGkRY2 ~  
hM[I}$M&O  
20. The advertisement for Super Sudsdetergent  that the sale has increased by 25% in thefirst quarter of the year. }0 Fu  
?^U1~5ff)  
*X 2dS {  
A. have been so successful ={I( i6  
B. had been so successful 8p]Krs:  
rs@qC>_C0  
 s-S|#5  
C. has been so successful 3JZ9 G79H  
D. will be so successful uXdR-@80*  
CMfR&G,)  
Px`z$~*B:  
21. Tom and Alice  having a new car to replace their old one foryears. (o8?j^ -v  
|E FbT>  
G}`Hu_ [\)  
A. has been dreaming of ~GjM:*  
B. have been dreaming of Gx-tPW}  
t8B==%  
ys9MV%*  
C. has dreamed 'In qa;TQz  
D. will have dreamed r%II` i  
5x}Or fDU  
UzUt=s!^H  
22. When the air in a certain space issqueezed to occupy a smaller space, the air is said to be . 6M@m`c  
^4tz*i  
!Baq4V?KN  
A. commenced CfjVx   
B. compressed >=ng?  
C. compromised G 4 C 7  
D. compensated +#g?rCz  
[X=Ot#?u ~  
ZTP&*+d  
23.  theheavy pollution, the city officials have decided to cancel school for the day. G1:2MPH  
;Z}V}B  
O$ ;:5zT  
A. Prior [&p^h  
B. By means of } T1~fa  
C. Due to UZqk2D  
D. Through +#R<emW  
9oJ=:E~CP  
e025m}%SU  
24. Our boss is taking everyone to theballet tonight, and I need to make sure my new dress :1\QM'O  
   forthe occasion. EcW$'>^  
,-{ 2ai_  
7nL3+Pq  
A. has been cleaned ? $LKn2C  
B. should have been cleaned eb>YvC  
|,Xrt8O/[  
_oJq32  
C. is being cleaned TGe{NUO  
D. has been cleaning G(XI TL u*  
=+j>?Yi  
Q1?G7g]N  
25. Peter's mother kept telling him that  inthe street is dangerous, but he would not listen. +aWI"d--h  
;/8oP ;X2  
}{Ncww!iN  
A. played Y|iJO>_Uu=  
B. will play BI,j/SRK  
C. playing 4^0L2BVcv  
D. been playing er?'o1M  
1&@s2ee4   
jWd 7>1R?  
26. A knowledge of history  usto deal with the vast range of problems confronting the contemporary world. "38ya2*  
m1k+u)7kD  
.Qp5wCkM  
A. equips ddMSiwbY)  
B. provides Ta38/v;S  
C. offers 0 pH qNlb  
D. satisfies EQkv&k 5X  
6uYCU|JsU  
VR/>V7*7@  
27. He wouldn’t even think of wearingclothes;  they make him look so old! &\$l%icuo  
~(xIG  
Mlp[xk|  
A. same VR>;{>~  
B. despite 3+;}2x0-F  
C. such {@u;F2?  
D. that V=}b>Jo2j  
`":ch9rK  
/! kKL$j  
28. Mary finally decided  all the junk she had kept in the garage. Ch`XwLY9  
zQ$*!1FmN  
wwS{V  
A. get rid (63_  
B. gotten rid of )k0P' zGb  
C. getting rid of bmotR8d  
D. to get rid of &j,rq?eh$  
#;Y JR9VN  
LXaT_3 ;  
29. The team leader Of mountain climbersmarked out . |~bl%g8xP  
5Cd>p<  
Vh:%e24Z  
A. that seemed to be the best route AHP_B&s,Qe  
B. what seemed to be the best route @ X_x?N  
|A0LYKni  
1Fn+nDn O6  
C. which seemed to be the best route f0f N1  
D. something that to be the best route Ql> DS~a  
.Y!*6I  
-$L53i&R  
30. Tom Jones, who  around the world, will come to Asia next month. +qe!KPk2  
ci>+Zi6  
D0tmNV@  
A. will be touring h8oG5|Y  
B. have toured &'4id[$9  
C. had been touring OWFLw  
D. has been touring A^2VH$j]+  
C)`k{(-{  
0.C y4sH'  
31. The paint on the clown's face  that it scared the children he was trying toentertain. u~\u8X3  
ppjd.  
;sCf2TD,_  
A. was so exaggeration Yjv}@i"  
B. were an exaggeration zlZ$t{[,  
);V6YE  
W[[3'JTF  
C. was such an exaggeration o ^L 3Xiv  
D. was exaggerating "qUUH4mR`  
s@K)RhTY  
*z;4. OX  
32. Men often wait longer to get help formedical problems than women, and ,women live about six years longer than men on an average. NAR W3\  
b [Sd$ACd  
* F%Wf  
A. instead of cdfJa  
B. constantly 5 G cdz  
C. consequently U7O~ch[,  
D. because 6U6,Wu  
c1M/:*?%  
*,X;4?:,  
33. The  emphasis on exams is by far the worst form ofcompetition in schools. 0P^RciC f  
AJt *48H*G  
JsI` #  
A. negligent |u8IQR'B  
B. edible Z`<S_PPz  
C. fabulous Ac}+U q  
D. disproportionate Y~#m-y  
^WQ.' G5Q  
&^Q-:Kxs8  
34. There is  conflicting information on how much iron womenneed in their diet. Npq Mdd   
;X,|I)  
x9q?^\x  
A. so much ^.)oQo SE  
B. so many ,%7>%*nhk  
C. too few @dei} !e  
D. a few >Q#h,x~vu  
0w9)#e+JS  
<5(P4cm9  
35. It must guarantee freedom ofexpression, to the end that all  to the flow of ideas shall be removed. &SuWmtq  
ewHk (ru  
wb~B Y  
A. prophecies TtTp ,If  
B. transactions 4FUY1p  
C. arguments Z6C!-a  
D. hindrances jez=q  
6BK-(>c(6  
/vC|_G|{  
36. Not until the 1980s  inBeijing startto find ways to preserve historic buildings from destruction. sI\v}$(~  
_wMxKM  
zA/ tHlKc  
A. some concerned citizens %gUf  
B. some concerning citizens -Uj)6PzGu  
SR)jJ=R3  
,F }\njL  
C. did some concerning citizens %S*<2F9  
D. did some concerned citizens i2.g}pM.A  
oA/[>\y  
v'3.`aZ!  
37. After failing his mid-term exams,Jeremy was  face his parents. RE)!b  
) 0NKL:u  
(j<FS>##  
A. too ashamed to 3XykIj1  
B. too embarrassing to Yf1&"WW4  
'N aNh0y  
%vF,wQC  
C. very ashamed of s"OP[YEke/  
D. very embarrassing to jGm`Qg{<  
`G/%U~  
2fqg,_  
38. My grandmother has been going to abetter dentist, so this  problems she is having with her dentures. Q)]C~Q  
vbA<=V*P  
stxei 6  
A. won' t eliminate ^Pwtu  
B. will be elimination 5:R$xgc  
DsJ ikg(J  
T'^ Do/  
C. should have been eliminated y<9' 3\  
D. should help eliminate q\DN8IJ  
5& 2([  
K UD.hK.  
39. He told a story about his sister whowas in a sad  when she was iii and had no money. WHF[l1  
k`we_$/Gw  
lwSZ pS  
A. plight QG1+*J76b@  
B. polarization )tvP|  
C. plague ?d!*[Ke8  
D. pigment !+FrU'^  
0-P,zkK_v  
<(Rbu2_  
40. During her two-week stay in Beijing, Elizabethnever  a chrome(chance) to practice her Chinese. vZiuElxKi  
mAM:Q*a'  
5FJ(x:k?z  
A. passed by jd.{J{o  
B. passed on w PE\?en  
C. passed out ]qd$rX   
D. passed up c 8t  
h}y]Pt?  
@=r o/.  
Part II. ReadingComprehension (30%) 7gc?7TM  
Directions: Rend the following passages and then choose the best answer (fromA, B, C and D) to complete each of the following sentences. Mark your choicewith a single bar across the square brackets on your Machine-scoring AnswerSheet. "Cz0r"N  
Passage1 wS7nTZfw  
British food has a good reputation, but English cooking has a badone. It is difficult to explain the reason for this. Unfortunately, however,superb raw ingredients are often mined from the kitchen so that they come tothe table without any of the natural flavor and goodness. 12VSzIm  
This bad reputation discourages a lot of people from eating in anEnglish restaurant. If they do go to one, they are usually full of prejudiceagainst the food. It is a pity, because there are excellent cooks in England,excellent restaurants, and excellent home-cooking. How, then, has the badreputation been built up? }`pxs  
Perhaps one reason is that Britain' s Industrial Revolutionoccurred very early, in the middle of the nineteenth century. As a result, thequality of food changed too. This was because Britain stopped being a largelyagricultural country. The population of the towns increased enormously between1840 and 1870, and people could no longer grow their own food, or buy it freshfrom a farm. Huge quantities of food had to be taken to the towns, and a lot ofit lost its freshness on the way. ^O3i)GO  
This lack of freshness was disguised by "dressing up" thefood. The rich middle classes ate long elaborate meals which were cooked forthem by French chefs. French became, and has remained, the official language ofthe dining room. Out-of-season delicacies were served in spite of theirexpense, for there were a large number of extremely wealthy people who wantedto establish themselves socially. The "look" of the food was moreimportant than its taste. GY t|[GC  
In the 1930s, the supply of servant began to decrease. People stilltried to produce complicated dishes, however, but they economized on thepreparation time. The Second World War made things even worse by making rawingredients extremely scarce. As a result, there were many women who never hadthe opportunity to choose a piece of meat from a well-stocked butcher' s shop,but were content and grateful to accept anything that was offered to them. / q| o  
Food rationing continued in Britain until the early 1950s. Itwas only after this had stopped, and butter, eggs and cream became moreplentiful, and it was possible to travel abroad again and taste other ways ofpreparing food, that the English difference to eating became replaced by a newenthusiasm for it. ^)E# c  
41. According to the author, it isdifficult to explain . %<O0Yenu  
A. why excellent ingredients are spoiled in the process of cooking X \BxRgl},  
B. why people do not like English cooking L O;?#e7  
C. why British food often has a natural flavor TCR|wi] kW  
D. why people prefer home-cooking to ready made food P,rD{ 0~  
42. The negative effect of Britain's Industrial Revolution on English cooking is that . der\"?_.  
A. the population in the countryside decreased dramatically `$9sYv 2R  
B. people no longer grew their own food on their own farms nN2huNTf:  
C. the freshness of food was lost on the way to the cities 'Rb tcFb   
D. Britainwas no longer an agricultural country 7Ucq(,\./  
43. As a result of the Industrial Revolution, . W6s-epsRmT  
A. more attention was given to the look of the food /PKu",Azj  
B. French became the official language in English restaurants Bm5\*Xd1(  
C. a large number of extremely wealthy people ate in Frenchrestaurants ^kK% 8 u  
D. out-of-season delicacies became very expensive ||))gI`3a  
44. The Second World War worsened theproblem because . {kghZur  
A. there was an increasing demand for servants (]` rri*^  
B. there was a lack of raw ingredient supply ?IG[W+M8  
C. many women refused to choose meat from butcher' s shops DLN zH  
D. French chefs dominated English restaurants =gB8(1g8  
45. A new enthusiasm for eating emerged in Britain . "&/lF[q  
A. when many women finally had the opportunity to purchase freshmeat from a well-stocked butcher's shop mqtYny'  
B. when butter, eggs and cream became available  R;zf x/  
C. when people started traveling to other cities 2;K2|G7  
D. after the early 1950s J |w%n5Y  
Passage2 U s.k,  
In his typically American open style of communication, Mr. Hayesconfronted Isabeta about not looking at him. Reluctantly, she explained why. Asa newcomer from Mexico,she had been taught to avoid eye contact as a mark of respect to authorityfigures, teachers, employers, parents. Mr. Hayes did not know this. He theninformed her that most Americans interpret lack of eye contact as disrespectand deviousness. Ultimately, he convinced Isabela to try and change her habit,which she slowly did. _\gCdNrD  
People from many Asian, Latin American, and Caribbeancultures also avoid eye contact as a sign of respect. Many African Americans,especially from the South, observe this custom, too. A master's thesis by SamuelAvoian, a graduate student at Central Missouri State University, tells howmisinterpreting eye-contact customs can have a negative impact when whitefootball coaches recruit African American players for the teams. "d`u#YmR  
He reports that, when speaking, white communicators usually lookaway from the listener, only periodically glancing at them. They do theopposite when listening they are expected to look at the speaker all the time. 6!se,SCvw  
Many African Americans communicate in an opposite way. Whenspeaking, they tend to constantly stare at the listener; when listening, theymostly look away. Therefore, if white sports recruiters are not informed aboutthese significant differences, they can be misled about interest andattentiveness when interviewing prospective African American ball players. =ea.+  
In multicultural America,issues of' Eye contact have brought about social conflicts of two differentkinds in many urban centers, non-Korean customers became angry when Koreanshopkeepers did not look at them directly. The customers translated the lack ofeye contact as a sign of disrespect, a habit blamed for contributing to theopen confrontation raking place between some Asians and African Americans in New York, Texas, and California. Manyteachers too have provided stories about classroom conflicts based on theirmisunderstanding Asian and Latin American children lack of eye contact as beingdisrespectful. RT(ejkLZm  
On the other hand, direct eye contact has now taken on a new meaningamong the younger generation and across ethnic borders. Particularly in urbancenters, when one teenager looks directly at another, this is considered aprovocation, sometimes called mad-dogging, and can lead to physical conflict. Iw^Q>MrT  
Mad-dogging has become the source of many campus conflicts. In onehigh school, it resulted in a fight between Cambodian newcomers andAfrican-American students. The Cambodians had been staring at the otherstudents merely to learn how Americans behave, yet the others misinterpretedthe Cambodians' intentions and the fight began. pqTaN=R8  
Mad-dogging seems to be connected with the avoidance of eye contactas a sign of respect. Thus, in the urban contemporary youth scene, if one looksdirectly at another, this disrespects, or "disses," that person. Muchlike the archaic phrase "I demand satisfaction," which became theoverture to a duel, mad-dogging may become a prelude to a physical encounter. ];'7~",Y  
At the entrances to Universal Studio's "City Walk"attraction in Los Angeles,they have posted Code of Conduct signs. The second rule warns against"physically over bally threatening any person, fighting, annoying othersthrough noisy or boisterous activities or by unnecessary staring..." {.?pl]Zl6  
46. Many African Americans from the South . phQ{<wzwp  
A. adopt a typically American open style of communication kE:{#>[Uz  
B. often misinterpret the meaning of eye contact J0imWluhQ  
C. avoid eye contact as a sign of respect 4bcd=a;  
D. are taught to avoid eye contact whenever telling to the others /|lAxAm?  
47. When listening to the others, whitecommunicators tend to . ;E ,i  
S503b*pM  
yzMGZi`ut  
A. look at the speaker all the time K {  FZ/  
B. glance at the speaker periodically ?\)h2oi!F5  
{VXucGI|  
gm%cAme  
C. look away from the speaker p I~;3T:!  
D. stare at the speaker Uu52uR  
Yep~C %/}  
'F#dv[N  
48. Many customers in American cities areangry with Korean shopkeepers because . 9 r&JsCc  
A. Korean shopkeepers do not look at them directly gX7R-&[UD  
B. they expect a more enthusiastic reflection from the shopkeepers C#4_`4{  
C. there are some social conflicts in many urban centers IA{W-RRb  
D. they are not informed about difference between cultures 7A) E4f'  
49. Mad-dogging refers to . rLE+t(x(0  
A. a provocation from one teenager to another of a different ethnicbackground A2;6Vz=z  
B. physical conflict among the younger generation in urban centers rL&Mq}7QK  
C. a lack of eye contact as a sign of respect c&x1aF "B  
D. the source of many campus conflicts across ethnic borders inurban centers oam;hmw  
50. The archaic phrase, "I demandsatisfaction" . Vh>cV  
A. was connected with the avoidance of eye contact 2gZ nrU  
B. often led to a fight ?3 k_YN"  
C. was a sign of disrespect Yufj y=!  
D. often resulted in some kind of misinterpretation JT!9LNh;R`  
Passage3 ( Zd(?">i  
When television is good, nothing--not the theatre, not themagazines, or newspapers--nothing is better. But when television is bad,nothing is worse. I invite you to sit down in front of your television set whenyour station goes on the air and stay there without a book, magazine,newspaper, or anything else to distract you and keep your eyes glued to thatset until the station signs off. I can assure you that you will observe a vastwasteland. You will see a procession of game shows, violence, audienceparticipation shows, formula comedies about totally unbelievable families,blood and thunder, mayhem, more violence, sadism, murder, Western bad men,Western good men, private eyes, gangster, still more violence, and cartoons.And endlessly, commercials that scream and offend. And most of all, boredom.True, you will see a few things you will enjoy. But they will be very, veryfew. And if you think I exaggerate, try it. Ibu9A wPm  
Is there no room on television to teach, to inform, to uplift, tostretch, to enlarge the capacities of our children? Is there no room for programsto deepen the children's understanding of children in other lands7 Is there noroom for a children's news show explaining something about the world for themat their level of understanding? Is there no room for reading the greatliterature of the past, teaching them the great traditions of freedom? Thereare some fine children's shows, but they are drowned out in the massive dosesof cartoons, violence, and more violence. Must these be your trademarks? Searchyour conscience and see whether you cannot offer more to your young childrenwhose future you guard so many hours each and every day. D,R',(3  
There are many people in this great country, and you must serve allof us. You will get no argument from me if you say that, given a choice betweena Western and a symphony, more people will watch the Western. I like Westernsand private eyes, too, but a steady diet for the whole country is obviously notin the public interest. We all know that people would more often prefer to beentertained than stimulated or informed. But your obligations are not satisfiedif you look only to popularity as a test of what to broadcast. You are not onlyin show business; you are free to communicate ideas as well as to giverelaxation. You must provide a wider range of choices, more diversity, morealternatives. It is not enough to cater to the nation's whims--you must alsoserve the nation' s needs. The people own the air. They own it as much in primeevening time as they do at six o' clock in the morning. For every hour that thepeople give you--you owe them something. I intend to see that your debt is paidwith service. dgIH`<U$  
51. What the author advises us to-do is to 0?( uqjD:  
A. read a book while watching television programs . w^ OB  
B. observe a vast wasteland on television H17I" 5N  
C. watch all the programs of our television station 1DhC,)+D}q  
D. find out why television is good beC%Tnb7  
52. What seems to have offended the authormost on television is . Lt=32SvTn  
Rw%?@X3m]  
;>f\fhi'  
A. violence (XW'1@b  
B. commercials xO Aq!,|V  
C. Westerns *i^$xjOa  
D. private eyes gwQMy$  
)\ceanS  
d1/9 A-{  
53. As far as children are concerned, theauthor's chief complaint is that . BWy-R6br  
A. cartoons and violence have become trademarks {_\cd.AuT  
B. there is no children's news show on television R-9o 3TPa  
C. there is no reading of great literature for children GT)7VFrL  
D. there are not enough good television programs for children ! CcDA/0  
54. According to the author, it is in thepublic interest to . (lVMy\  
A. broadcast only popular television programs $x+7.%1m)~  
B. cater for the needs of all the people y|KQ`;  
C. broadcast both Westerns and symphonies 8K-P]]  
D. entertain people only $b1>,d'oz  
55. It is the obligation of televisionbusiness to . f"P866@oWn  
A. cater to the nation's whims (C#0 ML  
B. provide best programs in prime evening free ?%UiW7}j';  
C. broadcast news programs, at six in the morning e4SS'0|  
D. serve the nation's needs all the time 4S ~kNp$  
Passage4 \ *[Ht!y  
Some of my classmates in the same dorm established a chatting groupon the Net when broadband was available on campus. Then everyone faced theirown laptops and talked to each other by sending messages in the chatting groupin the same room. Their dorm was silent the whole night The only sound camefrom tapping the keyboard. Before they went to bed that night, all of themsighed and said, "that's ridiculous." &BrFcXF  
Information Technology brings about revolutionary changes to humancommunication. The Internet makes the world global village; that is to say, wecan get in touch with each other swiftly regardless of one's location. However,does the convenience in communication mean that we are actually getting closer?I don't think so. As the anecdote above shows, access to broadband made myfellow classmates fall in silence. The Cambridge International Dictionarydefines "communication" as "various methods of sendinginformation between people and places," while it defines"communicate" as "to be able to understand each other and have asatisfactory relationship." Therefore, the booming of IT in modem societyis only the booming of communication. Exchanging ideas and mutual understandingbetween people do not base on such booming. On the contrary, due to therevolutionary changes, we're getting farther from each other to some extent. &RARK8 ^  
Mutual understanding is based on expression. However, expressiondoesn't necessarily lead to soul touching communication and understanding. Whenwe waffle with a mere acquaintance, we normally conceal our true feelings.Thus, we don' t establish communication with him, because we do not need him tounderstand us. The era of cyberspace further demonstrates such separation ofform and content 6h)_{| L)  
The Internet gives us nearly absolute freedom to speak and expressourselves. With the prosperity of blog, there are, according to recentstatistics, about 400,000 bloggers in China today. Bloggers expressthemselves on the Net at their will, while others read their blog and givecomments once for a while. It seems that blog can make us touch upon thebloggers' inside world, and make us know them better. However, things are notalways that perfect. *>:phs~r{  
Many netizens are abusing their right of free expression. Once youopen the Explorer and browse a website, trash information about sex andviolence hits our eyes. People scold and flirt in the chatroom and BulletinBoard System (BBS). When blog comes into being, netizens even transfer suchvulgarity into their personal spaces, and show it to the public. {+hABusq  
In the era of the Information Technology boom, the farthest distanceon earth is no longer the polar distance. The negative impacts brought about bycyberspace have imposed an unfilled gulf between souls. Since we cannotcommunicate to each other like before, the distance between people's hearts hasbecome the farthest distance on earth. o cW~ I3  
56. The most ridiculous part of theanecdote is that . 7;AK=;  
A. there was a dead silence in the dorm room the whole night l3>e-kP  
B. the only sound came from tapping the keyboard # euG$(  
C. those living in the same room communicated by sending messagesvia the Net #<b\BqYG  
D. they all faced their own laptops [;Lgbgt3f  
57. According to the author, InformationTechnology . /qy6YF8;y  
A. brings people closer to each other !>> A@3  
B. results in silence among her fellow classmates M' z.d  
C. enables us to reach anyone swiftly LxhS 9  
D. helps to make the world a global village B2Y.1mXq  
58. The author believes that the booming ofIT in modern society . }k-8PG =  
A. encourages the exchange of ideas and the mutual understandingbetween people -o%? ]S  
B. leads to soul touching communication and understanding n]$rLm%^  
C. helps to establish a satisfactory relationship [(x*!,=  
D. results in further separation between people 5aW#zgxXg  
59. The prosperity of blog does not help usto touch each other because . cWx`y><  
A. many people abuse their right of free expression on the Net 81:%Z&?vRl  
B. vulgarity has been transferred into bloggers' personal spaces :Q=y'<  
C. bloggers express themselves on the Net at their will .(q'7Q Z/  
D. anyone is able to read blog and give comments HP]5"ziA  
60. The author believes that in the era ofthe Information Technology boom the distance between people' s hearts hasbecome the farthest distance on earth because . iZy>V$Aq  
A. there is always a silence u'#/vT#l  
B. people arc not able to communicate to each other tike before }WIkNG4{Z  
C. the Internet gives us nearly absolute freedom to express can,selves uM1$3<  
D. people can scold and flirt in the chat room at will /-FV1G,h  
Passage5 9&f+I@K  
According to a recent publication of the Equal EmploymentOpportunity Commission, at the present rate of progress, it will takeforty-three years to end job discrimination--hardly a reasonable timetable. S!u8JG1  
If our goal is educational and economic equity and parity, it isthen we need affirmative action to catch up. We are behind as a result ofdiscrimination and denial of opportunity. There is one white attorney for every680 whites, but only one black attorney for every 4,000 blacks; one whitephysician for every 659 whites, but only one black physician for every 5,000blacks; and one white dentist for every 1,900 whites, but only one blackdentist for every 8,400 blacks. Less than ! percent of all engineers or-of allpracticing chemists is black. Cruel and uncompassionate injustice created gapslike these. We need creative justice and compassion to help us close them. #;ObugY,  
Actually, in the U.S.context, "reverse discrimination" is illogical and a contradiction interms. Never in the  history of mankindhas a majority, with power, engaged in programs and written laws thatdiscriminate against itself. The only thing whites are giving up because ofaffirmative action is unfair advantage something that was unnecessary in thefirst place. W%>T{}4  
Blacks are not making progress at the expense of whites, as newsaccounts make it seem. There are 49 percent more whites in medical school todayand 64 percent more whites in law school than there were when affirmative actionprograms began some eight years ago. ?j/FYi  
In a recent column, William Raspberry raised an interestingquestion. Commenting on the Bakke case, he asked, "What if, instead ofsetting aside 16 of 100 slots, we added 16 slots to the 1007" That, hesuggested, would not interfere with what whites already have. He then went onto point out that this, in fact, is exactly what has happened in law andmedical schools. In 1968, the year before affirmative action programs began toget under way, 9, 571 whites and 282 members of minority groups entered U.S.medical schools. In 1976, the figures were 14,213 and 1,400 respectively. Thus,under affirmative action, the number of "white places" actually roseby 49 percent; white access to medical training was not diminished, butsubstantially increased. The trend was even more marked in Jaw schools. In1969, the first year for which reliable figures are available, 2,933minority-group members were enrolled; in 1976, the number was up to 8,484. Butduring the same period, law school enrollment for whites rose from 65,453 to107,064 an increase of 64 percent. In short, it is a myth that blacks aremaking progress at white expense. %Hd[,duwO  
Allan Bakke did not really challenge preferential treatment ingeneral, for he made no challenge to the preferential treatment accorded to thechildren of the rich, the alumni and the faculty or to athletes or the verytalented only to minorities. 3JQ7Cc>  
61. The author is for affirmative action . E Ou[X'gLr  
A. because there is discrimination and denial of opportunity in the U.S. 9!X3Cv|+L  
B. if we aim at educational and economic equity and parity !xck ~EAS  
C. because it will take 43 years to end job discrimination BZQ}c<Nl  
D. when there is no reasonable timetable in the U.S. ,3_Sf?  
62. It requires  to close the gaps between the whites and theblacks in the U.S. J";N^OR{A%  
} uS0N$4  
yYJ_;Va  
A. one black attorney for ever 4000 blacks Oe\(=R  
B. a lot more black engineers and chemists tE=09J%z  
xA d@.^  
Wx]Xa]-  
C. education and economic development :po6%}hn  
D. creative justice and compassion SZe55mK`  
 >Vt2@Ee  
*t| !xO  
63. Blacks are not making progress at theexpense of whites, according to the author, because . IXtG 36O  
A. what whites give up is only unfair advantage .kU^)H" l  
B. there are 49 percent more white in medical school today already ~) _N h  
C. whites, the majority in the U.S., will never discriminateagainst themselves I{dy,\p  
D. there are 64 percent more whites in law schools today bC:sd2s  
64. William Raspberry, while commenting onthe Bakke case, suggests . [pTdeg;QE  
A. to offer 100 slots to whites and 16 to blacks $]_SPu  
B. to offer 84 slots to whites and 16 to blacks 03 gbcNo  
C. to follow what has happened in law and medical schools 7uc\AhOk6  
D. to interfere with what whites already have yC1OeO8{  
65. What Allan Bakke challenged was . RD[P|4eY  
A. the myth that blacks are making progress at white expense *nU5PSs  
B. unfair treatment accorded to blacks `.pEI q^  
C. preferential treatment in general )  M0(vog  
D. preferential treatment to minority-group members &v .S_Ym  
Passage6 w;ZT-Fti  
Globalization is a phenomenon and a revolution. It is sweeping theworld with increasing speed and changing the global landscape into somethingnew and different. Yet, like all such trends, its meaning, development, and'impact puzzle many. We talk about globalization and experience its effects,but few of us really understand the forces that are at work in the globalpolitical economy. jw{N#QDh  
When people use their cell phones, log ontothe Internet, view events from around the world on live television, andexperience varying cultures in their own backyards, they begin to believe thatthis process of globalization is a good thing that will bring a variety of newand sophisticated changes to people's lives. Many aspects of this technologicalrevolution bring fun, ease, and sophistication to people' s daily lives. Yetthe anti-World Trade Organization (WTO) protests in Seattle,Washington in 1999 and Washington, D.C.in 2000 are graphic illustrations of the fact that not everyone believes thatglobalization is a good thing. Many Americans who have felt left out of theglobal economic boom, as well as Latin Americans, Africans, and Asians who feelthat their job skills and abilities are being exploited by multinationalcorporations (MNCs) in a global division of labor, believe that this systemdoes not meet their needs. Local cultures that believe that Wal-Mart andMcDonald' s bring cultural change and harm rather than inexpensive products andconvenience criticize the process. In this way, globalization, like allrevolutionary forces, polarizes people, alters the fabric of their lives, andcreates rifts within and between people. ;iX~3[]  
Many in the West, along with the prominent and elite among MNCs,educators, and policymakers, seem to have embraced globalization. They arguethat it helps to streamline economic systems, disciplines labor and management,brings forth new technologies and ideas, and fuels economic growth. They pointto the relative prosperity of many Western countries and argue that this isproof of globalization' s positive effects. They see little of the problems thecritics identify. In fact, those who recognize some structural problems in thesystem argue that despite these issues, globalization is like across thedeveloping world, view globalization as an economic and cultural wave thattears at the fabric of centuries-old societies. They see jobs emergingdisappearing in a matter of months, people moving across the landscape inrecord numbers, elites amassing, huge fortunes while local cultures andtraditions are swept away, and local youth being seduced by promises ofAmerican material wealth and distanced from their own cultural roots, Thesecritics look past the allure of globalization and focus on the disquietingimpact of rapid and system-wide change. r]cq|Nv8:  
The irony of such a far-ranging and rapid historical process Such asglobalization is that both proponents and critics may be fight. The realitiesof globalization are both intriguing and alarming. As technology and the globalinfrastructure expand, ideas, methods, and services are developed anddisseminated to greater and greater numbers of people. As a result, societiesand values are altered, some for the better and others for the worse. ,e'm@d$Q*  
66. The author complains that id9QfJ9t  
A. few of us have a clear idea about the forces behind globalpolitical economy dT'}:2  
B. globalization is now sweeping the world with increasing speed JR] elRR  
C. we are puzzled by the true meaning of globalization %HpPTjAW  
D. too many people use cell phones log into the Internet 8[J%TWq%9  
67. The anti-world protests indicate that . 0'*{BAWx  
A. many people feel that they have been left out 9*I[q[>9  
B. the process of globalization brings more than fun, ease andentertainment wicsf<]  
C. not everyone is convicted that globalization is a good thing z8a{M$-Q  
D. the end of globalization has become more graphic B)@Xz<Q  
68. Like all revolutionary forces, theprocess of globalization . uxL+oP0  
]>)shH=Yx  
_Kaqx"D  
A. brings inexpensive products j7&#R+f  
B. creates disagreements between people g D)M7`4  
'Iw`+=iVz  
m33&obSP  
C. leads to cultural change and harm Awfd0L;9  
D. artifices the lives of people UNb7WN  
JzN "o'  
yWZ_  
69. Proponents of globalization sing itspraises on the basis of . `TO Xkt j  
A. new technologies and ideas X HJdynt/  
B. changing economic systems and management e}2?)B`[  
C. relative prosperity of Western countries N: 3=G`Ws  
D. this inevitable tide of history' [p'2#Et  
70. To critics, the worst thing thatglobalization has brought to us is . A*0X ~6W  
A. the promises of American material wealth 4S 4MQ  
B. the rapid change in social system 8 t =H  
C. the disappearance of local cultures and traditions }*!L~B!  
D. the constant movement of people across the landscape -ABj>y[  
Part IIITranslation ( 20 % ) )( 3)^/Xz  
71.English-Chinese Translation ( 10% ) }!fIY7gv  
Directions:Translate the following into Chinese and write yourtranslation on your Answer Sheet II. p\_3g!G'  
It goes without saying, then, that language is also a politicalinstrument, means, and proof of power. It is the most vivid and crucial key toidentity: it reveals the private identity, and connects one with, or divorcesone from, the larger public, or communal identity. There have been, and are,times, and places, when to speak a certain language could be dangerous, evenfatal. Or, one may speak the same language, but 'in such a way that one' santecedents are revealed, or (one hopes) hidden. This is true in France, and is absolutely true in England: The range (and reign) of accents onthat damp little island make Englandcoherent for the English and totally incomprehensible for everyone else. Toopen your mouth in Englandis ( if I may use black English) to" put your business in thestreet": You have confessed your parents, your youth, your school; yoursalary, your self-esteem, and, alas, your future. ^~l@ _r  
72.Chinese-English Translation ( 10 % ) z<t2yh(DF  
Directions:Translate the following into English and write yourtranslation on your Answer Sheet II. ^[[@P(e>  
美国财政部长亨利·保尔森昨天以上海为终点结束了他对亚洲三国的访问。作为美国总统的首席经济政策顾问和最主要的经济事务发言人,保尔森昨天上午在上海期货交易所所发表的主题讲演被认为是布什政府对华经济政策的最新阐述。在昨天的讲演中,保尔森多次强调中国的经济增长不仅不具有威胁性,而且对全球经济的增长有好处。他表示,美国欢迎中国发展并成为全球经济中的一员。 $Xo_8SX,  
Part IV. Writing (30 % ) MbYgGE,LA  
73.Practical Writing( 10% ) ?@x$ h  
Directions: Write a letter of invitation of about 1 O0 words to your closefriend Tom, asking him to come and stay for a week-end with your family at yourriverside cottage: ,O.iOT0=;  
(a) you have not seen him for a long time; u=@zYA(  
(b) the country air will do him good; $U ._4  
(c) he can catch a train after work on Friday; ]+pE1-p\  
(d) you ask him to let you know the time of his arrival; F6CuY$0m=  
(e) you will meet him at the station. aC9iNm8w  
74.Essay Writing (20 % ) P)y2'JKL  
Directions: Write an essay of about 200 words on the topic: "Chinais not ready for E-education" (E-education: a type of education conductedin the environment of the Internet with the guidance of modem educationaltheories). Write your essay on yourAnswer Sheet II. G@D8 [  
&VU^d3gv~  
}@$CS5w  
参考答案及解析
5R.jhYAj  
Part I Vocabulary (20) y<IHZq`C3  
01B   句意:汤姆觉得这里的经济条件不如自己家乡的好。这里需要一个形容词来修饰 situationeconomics是名词,意思是“经济学”。economy名词,“经济”。economical虽然是形容词,但意思是“节约的,经济的”。只有;economic 指“经济上的”,用在这里指经济条件。 B;Z _'.i,d  
02A   句意:随着办公室电脑数量的增长,我们所需要的纸帽子的数量也有所增长。Along with 随同…一起,连同…一起。altogether总共。although 尽管,虽然。allalong始终,一直。该句子表示承接关系,所以选 A LmsPS.It  
03B   句意:食物是按照每个孩子的年龄和体格分别分配的。equally平等地。individually分别地,个别地。sufficiently充足地,充分地。proportionally按比例地,适当地。根据句意,应选 B  RF<f  
04C   句意:我们新成立的公司正在寻找一位可靠的,有闯劲的,有很好的技能的人来担任这个职位。Our new firm这里做第三人称单数,排除BD两项,根据句意理解应该用现在进行时,故选 C b[&ri:AC  
05A   句意:塑料袋用来装东西很适用,因为它们干净、有韧性而且价格便宜。by virtue of 由于。Inaddition to 除…之外。For the sake of 为了…的利益。As opposed to 与…相反。根据句意,应选A Z< C39s  
06D   句意:他为了那天晚上自己做出的可耻行为严厉地责备自己。repeal 废止,放弃。resent愤怒,怨恨。replay重播,重放。reproach责备、斥责,这里用到句式reproach sb. for sth.,“为某事斥责某人”。 uUBUUr  
07A   句意:20 世纪 70 年代的很多流行时尚正在复苏成为我们现在的流行时尚。主语Many of the fads是复数形式,所以排除 BD两项,revive 复苏、苏醒,符合文意,are being revived 是被动进行时态,符合句子条件。revise修改。revoke 撤回、宣告无效。revile责骂、辱骂。 KvPLA{  
08C   句意:(会议)要求所有参会的国际代表都要带来本国的纪念品。这里应该用被动语态,又因为 delegates是复数形式,所以 C 选项正确。 -{?xl*D  
09A   句意:英国夺得金牌的希望由于昨天 Hunter 没有通过预赛而严重受挫。severe严重的,严厉的,剧烈的。sharp锐利的,明显的,强烈的。set-back 阻碍,受挫折。blown-up膨胀,放大的。根据句意,应选 A "E5=AW d  
10B   句意:如果你想考得好成绩,你必须集中精力听教授的讲解,而且做详细的笔记。本句空格处应用主动语态,一般时态即可。A将来完成时态。C 将来被动语态。D将来进行时态。所以 B 正确,have to 必须。 * kL> 9  
11B   句意:报纸上这篇文章让我十分钦佩,因为作者所表达的观点不仅足够镇静,足够专业,而且在面对那个悲剧时又足够的残忍。work out 设计出,计算出,解决。knocksb. out 是俚语,表示令人钦佩的。bring sb. up 把某人抚养长大。putforward 提出。根据句意,故选 B rmX5-k  
12C   句意:因为他伤得很重,医生建议他不要参加比赛。suggest 在句中意为建议时,其从句中应该用虚拟语气,即 should +do 的形式,所以本题选 C pR*3Q@Ng  
13C   句意:根据最近一次报告,上个月消费者信心陡降 15 个百分点,达到十年中最低水平。soar高飞,剧增。mutate变异,改变。plummet 骤降,暴跌。fluctuate 上下波动。 ZS3T1 <z  
14B   句意:我们的车后备箱装满了手提箱,再也装不下其他东西了。cram填满,be crammed with 表示“某东西被某物填满”,从 could 可知本句采用过去时,所以本题选 B {9@E[bWp#  
15B   句意:秘书不知道他是谁,不然她会对他更加礼貌。这句话采用的是与过去相反的虚拟语气,所以用 B 中的形式。 [;toumv  
16C   句意:这台新机器的说明是如此模糊不清,以至于没有人能明白。本句主语instructions是复数形式,so...that…,如此…以至于…。confusing 迷惑的,混乱的。simplistic简单的,单纯化的。根据句意,应该选 C 5M8   
17B   句意:约翰在大学时打过篮球,而且从那以后,他一直对打篮球非常积极。本句应该用完成时态,表示“一直到现在都如此”,have been 在与 extremely搭配时,采用 have been extremely…的形式,故选 B a(JtGjTf&  
18C   句意:泉水的澄清透明吸引了来自全国的很多游客。clash 冲突,抵触。clarify“澄清,阐明”,作动词。clarity清澈,明净。clatter喧哗,嘈杂声。根据句意,故选 C )zP"Uuu  
19A   句意:把礼物用漂亮的绿纸包装好以后,莎拉去参加聚会去了。因为主句与状语是主动关系,所以用现在分词作状语,又因为句子表示过去完成的事情,所以采用 having done 的形式作伴随状语。 g*9&3ov  
20C   句意:SuperSuds 消毒剂的广告是如此成功,以至于今年第一季度的销量增加了25%。本句从句采用了现在完成时态,所以主句应该采用现在完成时态,强调对现在产生的结果和影响。 Vhm^<I-d  
21B   句意:几年来,汤姆和爱丽丝一直梦想着能卖一辆新轿车来替换以前那辆。这里采用现在完成进行时来表示一直和正在持续的状态。 V z5<Gr  
22B   句意:当一定体积的空气被压缩到更小的体积,那么我们说空气被压缩了。commence 开始,着手。compress压缩。compromise 妥协,折中。compensate补偿,偿还。 su-0G?c  
23C   句意:因为严重的污染,城市官员决定当天不用上学。prior在…之前。by means of用…方法。due to 由于,因为。through 通过…。根据句意,应选 C 项。 8,CL>*A  
24A   句意:我们老板今晚要带大家去参加芭蕾舞会,我必须确定我的新长裙已经洗干净了。这里需要表示已经完成的状态,所以应该用现在完成时态,故选 A (Zy=e?E,  
25皮特的妈妈一直告诉他在街上玩耍是很危险的,但是他就是不听。这里空格位于宾语从句当中,而所需成分在从句中应该做主语,选项中只有 C 动名词做主语比较合适。 LXe'{W+bk  
26A   句意:历史知识有助于我们处理当今世界所面临的很多问题。equip 装备,配备。provide提供、供给,常与withfor连用。offer 提供,出价,做动词用时后面一般接宾语。satisfy 满足,使满足。  -x/g+T-  
27D   句意:他甚至都没想过要穿那些衣服,因为穿上那些衣服使他显得如此的年迈。此处需要一个连词,只有 D项合适。这里 that引导原因状语从句。 Z\?! & &  
28D   句意:玛丽最终决定处理掉车库里存留的所有废物。decide to do sth.决定做某事。getrid of处理掉…。 Z%-uyT@a  
29B   句意:登山小队队长指出了最佳路线。空格处应该是一个宾语从句,其中先行词 what 即在主句中引导宾语从句,又在从句中做主语,其他选项不能起到这样的作用。 !wrAD"l*@  
30D   句意:一直在环球旅行的汤姆琼斯下个月将会到达亚洲。这里表达的是一种已经开始并正在持续的动作,所以应该用完成进行时,故选 D QX-M'ur99  
31C   句意:小丑脸上画的图案是如此夸张,以至于吓到了那些他本来要取悦的孩子们。exaggeration 夸张,夸大。so...that...如此…以至于…,so 后面接形容词。such...that....如此…以至于…,such 后面接名词,故本题选 C sg]g;U  
32C   句意:由于男人得病后总是比女人去看病拖的时间长,所以,女人比男人平均寿命常 6 年。consequently因此,因而。Instead of 代替。constantly不变地,经常地。根据句意,应选 C 项。 i)ibDrX!I  
33D   句意:对考试的过分重视是到目前为止学校竞争中出现的最糟糕的形式。disproportionate 不成比例的,不均匀的。negligent疏忽的,粗心大意的。edible 可以食用的。fabulous寓言中的,神话般的。根据句意,应选 D项。 0wETv  
34A   句意:在女人饮食中需要多少铁这个问题上,存在很多互相矛盾的信息。information是不可数名词,排除 BCD项。so much 很多。A few很少。根据句意,应选D mvtuV`  
35D   句意:我们必须保证言论自由,直到所有这种思想上存在的阻碍都被排除为止。hindrance 阻碍,妨碍。prophecy预言,预知能力。transaction 办理,处理,交易。argument辩论,争论。 OL&VisJ{75  
36D   句意:直到 20 世纪肋年代,北京一些相关人士开始探索保护历史建筑的方法。本句子用 not until 开头,因此要用倒装句式,AB 两项缺乏谓语动词。concerned 形容词,表示“关心的,相关的”,concerning 介词,表示“关于…”。故本题应选 D jm |zn  
37A   句意:期中考试不及格,杰里米觉得无颜见父母。本句涉及 tooto…句型,表示“太…而不能…”,句中意思是“太惭愧而不能面对父母”。ashamed 惭愧的,羞愧的,常用来修饰人。embarrassing令人为难的,常用来修饰物。故本题选 A PzLV}   
38D   句意:我祖母已经找了个更好的牙医,所以这样应该能消除她用假牙方面的很多问题。A 项与句意不符。B 项表达不正确。另外,本句不应该采用被动形式,所以 C 项不正确。 AqrK==0N  
39A   句意:当她生病又没钱的时候,他给她讲了他妹妹在陷入困境时的故事。in a sad plight 处于困境。polarization两极化。plague 瘟疫,痛苦,灾祸。 k .F(*kh  
40D   句意:在她在北京的两个星期中,伊丽莎白从来没有错过每一次练习英语的机会,pass up 放弃,拒绝,pass up a chance to do sth.放弃做某事的机会。pass by经过。pass on 前进,传递。passout晕倒,失去知觉。 Y9(BxDP_+Y  
Part II  ReadingComprehension(30) ui^v.YCMI  
Passage 1 K;f=l5  
41文章第一句提到“英国食物的名声很好,但是英国烹饪的名声却不怎么样。it is difficult to explain the reason for this.”说明,人们不喜欢英国烹饪,这个原因很难解释。故选 B ]0p*EB=C*  
42文中第三段提到 As aresultthe quality of food changed too.随后又解释了食品质量改变的原因,即 a lot of it lost its freshness on the way.所以,可以将“食物在从乡村往城镇运输过程中不再新鲜”理解为工业革命对英国烹饪产生的负面影响。 ZW8;?# _  
43文章第三段指出由于工业革命导致运送到城市的食品不再新鲜。这就导致 This lack of freshness Was disguised bydressing upthe food.也就是说人们通过修饰食物来掩盖食物不新鲜的事实,这种行为发展下去导致 The lookof the food was more important than its taste.所以A项是工业革命的结果。其他三项虽然也相关,但是不是直接导致的结果。 gem+$TFq  
44文章倒数第二段明确指出:TheSecond World War made things even worse by making raw ingredients extremelyscarce.故选B项。 ~_SVQ7P  
45根据文章最后一段:itwas only after this had stoppedthat the English difference to eating becamereplaced by a new enthusiasm for it   而这里的 this 指代前面的 Food rationing continued in Britain untilthe early 1950s.所以,饮食的新高潮是发上在 20世纪 50 年代初以后。 &[}5yos r  
Passage2 Jb z>j\  
46C  文中第二段第一句提到“来自亚洲、拉丁美洲和加勒比海地区的人在交谈中避免目光交流,以此来表示尊敬。”紧接着第二句又指出 Many African Americansespecially from the Southobservethis customtoo.这说明,许多黑人也遵守这种习俗。所以本题选 C }Qvoms<k  
47A  根据文中第三段 Theydo the opposite when listeningThey are expected to look at the speaker allthe time.这说明白人听人说话时,一直看着对方。 P,Rqv)}X  
48文中第四段提到non-Koreancustomers became angry when Korean shopkeepers did not look at them directly.可见,许多客人生气的直接原因是韩国店员不直接看着他们。 !yTj O   
49文中倒数第四段提到when one teenager looks directly at anotherthis isconsidered a provocationsometimes called mad-dogging“当年轻人直接看着对方,这种行为被看成是一种挑衅,有时叫做 mad-dogging”。所以 A项符合题意。 j: B,K.:  
50文中倒数第二段指出the archaic phraseI demand satisfaction,”which became the overture to a duel 说明这句话的意思就是要进行决斗,因此经常导致打斗。 CW#$%  
Passage3 v&ZI<Xt+  
51文中第一段提到“请你坐在电视前,什么也不拿,只看电视,你会看到很多没用的节目。”而后第一段最后一句又说:And if you think I exaggeratetry it 可见,作者建议我们看看电视上的无用的节目。 8"S? Toqq  
52文中第一段明确指出:Andendlesslycommercials that scream and offend.故本题选 B z0&I>PG^  
53文中倒数第二段中提到there are some fine childrens showsbut they aredrowned out in the massive doses of cartoonsviolenceand more violence.可见,作者抱怨暴力,动画节目太多,而适合孩子看的好节目远远不够。 ,k3aeM~`%w  
54本文最后一段提到如果选择的话,大部分人都喜欢看欧美西部片,但是随后作者笔锋一转,指出 I like Westerns and private eyestoobut a steady diet for the whole country isobviously not in the public interest“我也喜欢侦探片和西部片,但是全国都吃一样的饮食并不适合公众利益。”也就是说,电视节目应该满足所有人们的需求。 &28n1  
55文中最后一段后半部分提到it is not enough to cater to the nationswhims--you must also serve the Nations needs.据此确定 D项,排除 A项,BC 两项太过具体,不足以概括出电视业的指责。 ()i!Uo  
Passage4 ! J@pox-t  
56文章第一段讲到同寝室同学之间通过网络聊天的事例,在第一段末尾:Before they went to bed that nightall of them sighed and said,“thats ridiculous.”这里应该指整个网络聊天这件事情,而不是单独某个状况。 z'}?mE3i  
57根据文章第二段:TheInternet makes the world global villagethat is tosaywe can get in touch with each other swiftlyregardless of ones location.可知,网络使得地球成为地球村,而不是帮助地球成为地球村,故 D 项排除。同时也可知,网络使我们能够快速的联系上任何人。故本题选 C ^l/$ 13=  
58文章最后一段提到:Thenegative impacts brought about by cyberspace have imposed an unfilled gulfbetween souls.即“电脑的负面影响就是使得人们心灵之间的距离增大。”据此,本题应该选 D项,其余选项不符合文义。 3#T_(  
59文中倒数第三段提到博客帮助人们更好的了解彼此的内心世界,但随后指出Howeverthings are not always that perfect.其原因在第四段紧接着有所解释,那就是 Many netizens are abusing their right offree expression.所以本题选 A,而 B 项则是具体的事例,不够全面。 N[,/VCW  
60文章最后一句话指出:Sincewe cannot communicate to each other like beforethedistance between peoples hearts has become the farthest distance onearth.据此,本题选 B OECXNx  
Passage5 <ByDT$E_  
61本文第二段第一句话:ifour goal is educational and economic equity and parityit is then we need atfirmative action to catch up,即如果我们要达到教育和经济平等,就需要加强纠正歧视行为。 @'!61'}f  
62文章第二段最后一句指出:Weneed creative justice and compassion to help us close them.这里的 them即指前文所提到的黑人和百人之间的 gaps。据此,本题选 D P X<,/6gz  
63文章第四段提到黑人并没有在损害白人的情况下发展自身,这是对上段文字的总结性表述,所以原因即是第三段提到的 The only thing whites are giving up becauseof affirmative action is unfair advantage something that was unnecessary in thefirst place.所以,本题应该选 A,而 BD两项则是在第四段总结性表述后所举出的事例,并不是原因。 S\UM0G}v  
64文章倒数第二段提到:“Whatifinstead of setting aside 16 of l00 slotswe added 16 slots to the 100?”这就是他的建议,即不是在 100 个名额中留出 16 个给黑人,而是在 100个名额中再加 16 个给黑人。所以本题选 A |]H2a;vUJR  
65文章最后一段否定了 BCD 三个选项,而文章第三段主要讲对 Bakke 事件的建议,在列举了一系列实例后总结道:"In shortit is amyth that blacks are making progress at white expense.”所以,可以知道,Bakke 主要是对黑人在损害白人利益情况下发展自己的观点提出挑战。 .el_pg  
Passage6 FR@ dBcJUU  
66文章第一段最后一句话:Butfew of us really understand the forces that are at work in the global politicaleconomy,可见,作者抱怨的是很少有人知道全球政治经济运作的推动力量到底是什么。 t`mLZ <X  
67文章第二段提到:反世界贸易组织主张that not everyone believes that globalization is a good thing.所以,本题应选 C ]g; K_>@  
68文章第二段最后一句:globalizationliked all revolutionary forcespolarizes peoplealters thefabric of their livesand creates rifts within and between people.选项中,只有 B 选项“造成人们之间的不和”与之相符合。 uNY]%[AnJ  
69C   文章倒数第二段提到:Theypoint to the relative prosperity of many Western countries and argue that thisis proof of globalizations positive effects.可见,西方国家的繁荣是全球化的积极方面的证明,也就是说,支持者们以此为基础来赞扬全球化。而 AB 两项只是指出全球化的一些优点的一个方面,不足以作为支持全球化的基础。 )FqE8oN-  
70文中最后一段提到:Thesecritics look past the allure of globalization and focus on the disquietingimpact of rapid and system-wide change.此句子中的 focuson 一词表明批评家们认为全球化最坏的影响就是社会系统的迅速改变。其他选项虽然也是批评家所指出的方面,但是还没有达到 worst 的程度。 *H RxC  
Part III Translation(20) J=U7m@))Y#  
71English-Chinese Translation(10) t(MlZ>H  
Directions:Translate the following into Chinese and write yourtranslation on your Answer Sheet II. jr:LLn#}  
那么不言而喻,语言也是一种政治工具,是可以用来证明权利的手段。语言对于身份而言是极其形象并且至关重要的,因为它可以透露个人的身份,也可以将个人与公众或公共的身份联系起来或使之分离。在特定的时间或地点讲某种语言可能是危险的,甚至是致命的,这种情况过去发生过,现在也存在。或者某人讲同一种语言,有时可以透露自己的身份,有时却(故意)隐瞒。这种情况在法国如此,在英国更是一点不假。在这片湿气袭人的小岛上,英式口音的影响及统治范围使英国仅与带有英国口音的英国人和谐共存,却不适合其他人在此生活。在英国开口说英语(比如黑人英语)相当于把你的全部都公诸于众,包括你的父母,青年时期,所受的教育,薪水,自尊心。天啊,甚至你的未来都被一览无余。 M$gy J!Pb  
72. Chinese-English Translation ( 10 % ) o&~z8/?LA  
Directions: Translate the following into English and write yourtranslation on your Answer Sheet II. t>v']a +k  
Yesterday USSecretary of Treasure, Henry Paulson, left Shanghai,and made an end of the trip to the three countries in Asia.As the chief economic consultant and spokesman of US president, Paulson delivered akeynote address in Shanghai Futures Exchange. And this address was regarded asthe latest elaboration of the economic policies of the Bush administration towardsChina.During his speech, Paulson emphasized many times that China's economic growth has nothreat but benefit to the global economic growth. He declared that America welcomes the development of China and welcomes China to be a member of the globaleconomy. U%45qCU  
Part IV. Writing ( 30 % ) Urx gKTry  
73. Practical Writing ( 10% ) wL 5).`oq  
Dear Tom, Aq|LeH  
How time flies ! We haven't seen each otherfor almost half a year. How are you recently? I hope everything goes well. CsR~qQ 5  
I'm writing to invite you to come to myriverside cottage for a weekend with my family. You have been here once and youmust still remember the amazing environment, right? I' m sure that the countryair will do you good and make you energetic. You can catch a train after workon Friday. And do tell me the time of your arrival in advance. Then I can meetyou at the station. {hRAR8  
Looking forward to your arrival. O!]w J  
Yours,
XXX
74. Essay Writing (20 % ) LZ ID|-  
China is not ready for E-education
With the advent of information age, our lifehas undergone thousands of great changes. Some people argue that traditionaleducation system should be replaced by the E-education system to meet the needsof the new century. However, I hold a different opinion that China is not ready for E-education.I have the following arguments to support my point of view. R4JO)<'K&  
First, the current economic condition of Chinadoes not permit the spread of E-education. As is known to all, the Internetneeds a good amount of investment to operate. Because of the lacking in money,some schools can not afford to buy computers and other supporting facilities.Until now, Internet is not accessible everywhere. a4: PufS  
The second reason is that the educationaltheories which can match the E-education have not been developed in China.That is to say, Chinadoes not have its own system of modem educational theory. Most of the existingtheories, which are introduced from other countries, can not suit the uniqueenvironment in China.More researches on this field have to be carried out. d*>M<6b-  
In conclusion, China is not ready for E-educationnow. But with the development of China's economy and the hard workof educational researchers, E-education will be realized sooner or later. y9)l,@D  
xHr  
9Jk(ID'c  
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水

描述
快速回复